The Senior Associate of Bursar will be responsible for ensuring timely processing of all the students’ receivable accounts and assisting bursar to effectively manage students’ financial information with good communication skills. He/she should be open-minded and proactive when dealing with cases that cross functions and departments, and have multi-tasking skills and comprehensive capabilities, such as giving speech and training, and improving website/system, which could be a plus on the top of basic requirements.
The main responsibilities include:
- Track all changes and withdrawals. Make sure students account is properly updated in Student Information System and reflected in the finance system.
- Responsible for editing Ad hoc reports and analysis such as students’ financial aid analysis, NYU accounts payable/receivable analysis.
- Manage collection progress, prepare AR aging report.
- Run monthly/annually ledger accounts analysis and ensure all AR related ledger accounts are in good standing through tracking each payments and charges of all students, ensure accurate and proper documentation.
- Responsible for the trainings related to students’ Billings, Payments and Refunds.
- Prepare and send out the notification and knowledge sharing messages regarding the bill, payment, refunds and other informative messages through Email, WeChat and other necessary multi-media platforms.
- Manage Service Link tickets and make sure tickets are answered and closed within regulated time limit.
- Responsible for updating the information on students’ payment system and Bursar’s website.
- Keep Bursar’s website updated and user-friendly.
- Client-service oriented working attitude. Being able to adapt to new challenges when they are assigned.
- Proactively dealing with cases and projects that cross functions and departments.
- Provide assistance to the Bursar in all the responsibilities of the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above
- Minimum 1-3 years’ full-time experience in accounting, auditing, consulting, and other finance related areas
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to provide good customer service
- Good communication in English and Mandarin
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office and Finance software)
- The position of Associate of Bursar is an alternative if the candidate is highly potential but lack of sufficient working experience.
You can feel free to follow our official WeChat Account: NYUShanghaiRecruit to get updated recruitment news. Thank you!
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion.