This is a paid internship for a top candidate.
If you’re not the kind of person who is doing research on your own, you probably won’t be happy here.
This is a company of data fanatics.
You will assist a staff data scientist with specific research projects.
We are looking for a person who has:
- Interest in working with social data and all aspects of the DS workflow
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively in solving problems or adding value to a situation
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Enthusiastic and has the willingness to learn and discover new things – can be reflected through side projects or hobbies
- Understanding of basic statistical concepts and fundamental machine learning algorithms (Logistic Regression, Tree-based Models, Naive Bayes etc.) – the key concepts and limitations of these models
- Bonus points for interest or experience in a particular aspect of data science e.g. NLP, Neural Networks, Computer Vision or even visualization
- Competency in Python (Some experience with Pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn) and basic understanding of SQL