As Shine is a small company, interns are very involved in everything that goes on in our office. This provides them with the opportunity to be exposed to the inside workings of independent film production at a variety of stages. Shine is also a non-profit and interns also work with Shine in this capacity, providing insight into the workings of a non-profit organization.
For all internships positions we are looking for candidates that:
- Are an undergraduate student of an accredited college or university
- Be able to dedicate 2-3 days a week.
- Have at least 3.0 GPA
- Are interested in social advocacy, educational outreach, non-profit business, and/or media
- Have excellent organizational, communication, writing skills, and research skills.
- Be familiar with MAC OS, Microsoft Office, social networking, and internet research
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Must have your own computer or access to a computer to work remotely.
Content & Outreach Intern
The Shine content & outreach intern works with staff in researching and exploring new project ideas and on our social engagement, impact strategy development, grassroots distribution, and fundraising. In 2021, we will be working on developing the outreach and impact strategy for our upcoming film about juvenile justice. We will also be working on the distribution and outreach for our previous films through our IGNITE program and planning for upcoming film releases.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct research and do coverage on possible stories
- Evaluate proposed projects based on Shine Global’s criteria
- Work with team to develop project presentations and treatments as necessary
- Research issues for current and possible projects
- Manage community distribution requests and fulfillment
- Identify possible outreach and distribution partners
- Assist in project fundraising
- Monitor press mentions and relevant news
- Work with staff on creating and implementing outreach and impact strategy
- Assist with other projects and administrative tasks as needed
To apply, send a resume and cover letter describing your interest in one of the three positions to Sean at email@example.com by August, 8 2021.