As Shine is a small company, interns are very involved in everything that goes on in our office. This provides them with the opportunity to be exposed to the inside workings of independent film production at a variety of stages. Shine is also a non-profit and interns also work with Shine in this capacity, providing insight into the workings of a non-profit organization.
For all internships positions we are looking for candidates that:
- Are an undergraduate student of an accredited college or university
- Be able to dedicate 2-3 days a week.
- Have at least 3.0 GPA
- Are interested in social advocacy, educational outreach, non-profit business, and/or media
- Have excellent organizational, communication, writing skills, and research skills.
- Be familiar with MAC OS, Microsoft Office, social networking, and internet research
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Must have your own computer or access to a computer to work remotely.
The Shine production intern works with staff to produce a weekly YouTube series featuring inspiring stories about children and families. Intern should have experience with digital cameras and editing software (Premiere pro). Looking for someone who can shoot, edit, and pitch story ideas.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct research and do coverage on possible stories
- Work with team to develop weekly videos – including writing scripts for Tiktok
- Assist in project editing
- Work with staff on creating and implementing outreach and impact strategy
- Assist with other projects and administrative tasks as needed
To apply, send a resume and cover letter describing your interest in one of the three positions to Sean at firstname.lastname@example.org by August, 8 2021. .