Shrewsbury Public Schools is currently accepting applications for Assistant Finance and Operations Manager.
General Overview: Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Superintendent for Finance & Operations, the Assistant Finance and Operations Manager is responsible for supporting all administrative functions related to the business operations of the Shrewsbury Public Schools.
- Supervise and manage all district transportation services to include procurement of services, contract administration, budgeting, student ridership registration and fees, problem resolution, and customer service.
- Act as liaison to public safety departments and coordinate ongoing school safety and security planning and drills between school administrators and public safety personnel.
- Coordinate school district operations with building-based school administrators, the town’s Public Buildings Division, Parks Division, vendors, and district stakeholders. While the pandemic continues, this will include, but not be limited to: impact on facility usage, procurement and resupply of personal protective equipment, coordination of surveillance testing, and management of school furnishings.
- Supervise and manage the district facility rental program to include policy oversight, revenue and expense management, and oversight of scheduling.
- Supervise the collection, recording, and dissemination of all information related to the payment of fees charged in the district, including bus fees, student user fees, and program tuitions.
- Provide support for budget development and other school district financial management
- All other duties as assigned or related to those specified above.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, operations management, public administration, or related field. Master’s degree completion or candidate preferred such as an MBA or MPA.
- A minimum of three years of management-level experience supervising staff and financial resources.
- Licensure valid for service as a School Business Administrator in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (highly preferred). If the candidate does not currently possess the license, the candidate will be committed to enrolling in a licensure program upon employment.
- Experience with enterprise-level, integrated accounting systems.
- Knowledge of relevant local, state and federal laws and regulations related to school
- district operations.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, including speaking and writing, including the effective utilization of computers, technology and information management tools.
- Excellent organization, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to easily task-shift and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Willingness to perform all duties with transparency.
- Emotional maturity, competence and personal integrity.
- A high degree of patience and tact in dealing with teachers, parents, students,
- administrators, and general public.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and willing to cooperate with other staff members in assisting with all phases of central office work.
- Exercises good judgment, using accuracy and thoroughness, to determine validity of work done.
- Salary range: $85,000 to $110,000 annually, based on experience, educational credentials and MA DESE licensure.
- Start date: As soon as possible once appropriate notice is given to current employer
Qualified candidates with diverse racial, ethnic, cultural, religious, class, and/or gender background and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Shrewsbury Public Schools is an affirmative action employer, ensuring that its programs and facilities are accessible to the public. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, disability, gender identity, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, national origin, homelessness, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status or class protected by state or federal law.