As an intern on SIG’s research team, you will be partnered with our senior analysts and traders to assist in identifying investment opportunities in the equity and options markets. You will learn to perform in-depth company analysis around future catalyst events and provide real-time opinions on breaking news throughout the trading day. You will gain experience in the financial markets by tracking company news and events, assisting with valuation work or other event-driven projects.
Our ten week summer internship program introduces you to our unique approach to research through a combination of work on a trading desk and classroom study in options theory basics. Research interns are placed on a sector-focused team and work directly on the trading floor. The ten week summer program serves as our primary source for hiring full-time Research Analysts.
At SIG, we place a high value on education and development. You will experience this dedication to training firsthand as you work collaboratively with the research analysts and traders on your desk to learn how our analyst opinions impact trading decisions and gain the practical exposure needed to perform your daily responsibilities. You will also participate in classroom education where you will learn about options and the decision-making strategies that our traders employ. This role provides the unique opportunity to combine the quantitative aspects of finance with creative problem solving in order to develop trade ideas in a fast-paced proprietary trading environment.
- Strong written, analytical, and financial research skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated interest in the financial markets
- Prior exposure to fundamental company research preferred
- Familiarity with a trading environment and derivative products preferred
- Must be a self-starter, a quick learner, an effective communicator, and resourceful in solving problems
- Willingness to work additional and flexible hours when necessary
- Will not require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future
- Intention to graduate with a bachelor’s or master’s degree within one year of the internship program
- Free housing is provided and conveniently located near SIG at the University of Pennsylvania
- Relaxed dress code: jeans and sneakers are the norm, shorts all summer long
- Food, beverages, and snacks available all day
- A 9,000 square-foot gym with cardio, cross fit and strength machines, plus yoga and indoor cycling classes
- Discounts for dining, entertainment, shopping, travel, and attractions
- Social events including a poker tournament, dinners, and sporting events in Philadelphia
- On-site Wellness Center staffed with full-time Nurse Practitioner
- On-site services such as barber, dry cleaning and laundry, auto repair and detailing, and ATM
- Opportunities to give back to the community through SIG sponsored events and donation drives
SIG is a global quantitative trading firm founded with a growth mindset and an analytical approach to decision making. We bring together the brightest minds, the best tech, and the most expansive library of data in the industry. Only by tapping into our diverse perspectives, can we truly reach our potential. At the end of the day, by thinking together we achieve winning results.
WHAT WE DO
Committing our own capital, we trade financial products around the globe. We improve the financial markets by providing liquidity and ensuring competitive prices for buyers and sellers. Working collaboratively and leveraging each other’s strengths, we build virtually all of our own trading technology from scratch to implement our quantitative trading strategies that make us leaders in high performance, low latency trading.
**We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed on a third party website was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.