SIMACRO is seeking candidates for a process engineering internship during the summer. This internship will provide hands-on experience and one-on-one mentorship on tackling meaningful projects as consultants for global chemical and biotech companies. Students will apply theory into practice, gain insight into computational modeling of complex chemical processes, and develop valuable technical skills.
SIMACRO is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts but can consider remote work for the internship.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Gain skills through training in process modeling software like Aspen Plus and Aspen Plus Dynamics
· Build and analyze models of complex chemical processes
· Determine critical process parameters and organize results in spreadsheets and presentations
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
· Rising junior or senior undergrad, or a Master’s student by summer 2021 pursuing a degree in Chemical, Biological, or related Engineering discipline
· GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
· Strong problem-solving, analytical, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Experience in programming or process modeling is a plus
· Highly motivated and able to work independently while contributing to team goals
· Willing to learn from others
· Legally authorized to work in the US and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status