Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning fintech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’ve doubled in size our first year and doubled the asset classes we serve in our second. As a cloud-based company, we transitioned seamlessly into a socially-distanced workforce in recent months, and with a pace that hasn’t slowed, we’re still hiring and are currently on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our remotely connected team.
We’re looking for a Data Analyst to own, develop and evangelize data-driven thinking and analysis across the organization. You will sit in the data team and be the primary point-of-contact for all analytical needs at SIMON. Ideal candidates will not only analyze data and respond to client requests but will most importantly turn insights into action. As a result, candidates should be able to understand complex business problems, scope projects, identify operational bottlenecks, optimize workflows, and communicate their findings across all levels of the organization.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
- Develop dashboards for various business teams, charting key metrics and extracting data-driven insights
- Write ad hoc scripts in Python and SQL which extract, transform, validate, and aggregate data
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact for all business teams (including answering technical questions, serving client requests, troubleshooting suspect data, and spearheading new analyses)
- Grow data insights into concrete execution plans by scoping requirements, feasibility, cost-benefit, governance, dependencies, telemetry, and adoption
- Evangelize best practices, data-oriented thinking, knowledge sharing, and workflow optimization
- Construct data-driven experiments, evaluate statistical models, and regularly present your findings to department heads
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Statistics or a related technical field
- 2 or more years of experience in an analytical role on cross-functional teams, with a preference for consulting, finance or early-stage companies
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Very good knowledge of Python
- Good knowledge of a business intelligence tool (e.g. Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, QuickSight), Microsoft Excel, and basic statistics
- Good knowledge of finance and business (e.g. capital markets, financial securities, derivative instruments)
- Exceptional ability to understand client needs, scope projects, develop detail-oriented execution plans, and communicate results
- An entrepreneurial hunger to own problems from start-to-finish, manage projects, overcome operational bottlenecks, and execute effectively
- Application, database or systems programming knowledge (e.g. OOP, AWS, data modeling, networking concepts, bash)
- Machine learning experience or interest
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in the heart of New York City’s Chelsea district, but are operating remotely through at least summer 2021.
SIMON Markets is a fast-growing and award-winning FinTech company, on the lookout for smart, collaborative talent to join our team.
Originally founded within Goldman Sachs, SIMON Markets spun-out in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions. Our team works to build transparency around complex, risk-managed financial products by way of a single, modern platform. Our platform provides financial advisors with access to multi-issuer solutions, a depth of educational tools, and advanced post-trade analysis that hasn’t before been possible.
By combining state-of-the art technology with the leadership of niche industry experts and an agile start-up mentality, SIMON is well-positioned to reshape our industry. We are leading the way in a space we helped create, we are passionate about pushing boundaries, and we are growing like crazy.
No matter which part of the team you join, there is something interesting to work on. Our front-end team is building out our web and mobile presence using React, Redux, and Webpack along with some very sophisticated data visualizations. Our back-end team is using Scala, Akka, Postgres and other open-source technologies to build a micro-services architecture that can scale to handle our ambitious roadmap. Our quantitative engineering team is researching and building novel financial strategies to widen our competitive advantage. Our dev-ops team is creating a development and production environment with Docker and Kubernetes to keep us nimble. Product Management sits in the middle of it all to make it happen.