Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning FinTech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’re rapidly growing and continue to add new asset classes to our offerings. As a cloud-based company, we transitioned seamlessly into a socially-distanced workforce in 2020, and with a pace that hasn’t slowed, we’re still hiring and are currently on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our team. We are currently operating remotely, and will transition to a flexible and hybrid model later this year.
We are looking for an experienced Investment Writer to transform information on complex financial investments, analytical frameworks and platform features into simple, relatable, and compelling language for our intended financial professional audiences across numerous communication channels.
As an Investment Writer, you are expected to understand the nuances of our client segments and the details of the financial products (structured investments, annuities, defined outcome ETFs) and services we represent, along with market and regulatory forces that impact our industry. You will collaborate with key stakeholders in Marketing, Sales, Platform Solutions, and Compliance to deliver scalable, high-quality content that is aligned with our brand personality and stylistic preferences and can be utilized within multiple marketing mediums, including emails, websites, videos, presentations, collateral, proposals, and more. The messages and stories you will create will play a critical role in bringing our innovative solutions to life, enhancing the credibility and reputation of the firm, and driving financial advisor awareness, engagement and an enhanced user experience.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
- Collaborate with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of existing and new product and platform features, as well as project timelines
- Build engaging and high-volume product and platform related content to accelerate our email marketing and automation efforts
- Develop intuitive user interface and video copy to help educate and guide platform users on available functionality and resources
- Create evolving sales scripts and FAQ responses which provide accurate, timely and consistent information to financial advisors
- Enhance and design effective survey questions that deliver valuable client intelligence and feedback that will drive future improvements to our services and communications
- Innovate in content strategy and identify new opportunities to packaging your work and applying your skills in the rapidly evolving FinTech industry
What We’re Looking For
- 5–10+ years of professional product writing and content strategy experience in the financial services or fintech sector; must have strong knowledge of various types of financial investments and markets (preferably in the risk-managed solutions or alternative investment space)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in English Composition, Communications, Journalism, Business, or related field
- FINRA Series 7 licensed or ability to pass exam within 6 months of hire
- Strong portfolio of relevant writing samples
- A skill for translating complex technical talk into relatable, comprehensive, conversational language
- A client and user-centric mindset that thinks about the end-to-end experience and fulfilling intended audience needs
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal skills, and strong ability to cultivate relationships with colleagues, partners, and on occasion certain clients
- Excellent editing skills with acute attention to accuracy, quality and style
- Comfort juggling a variety of tasks with limited supervision
- Self-starter who proactively identifies gaps and provides solutions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup working culture
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in New York City’s Hudson Yards district. This position can accommodate a remote or hybrid work environment.
SIMON Markets is an award-winning fintech company that is committed to transforming the digital experience for financial professionals, enabling them to better serve their clients. SIMON’s intelligent and innovative platform delivers an end-to-end digital suite of tools to over 100,000 financial professionals, who serve $5 trillion in client assets, empowering them with on-demand education, an intuitive marketplace, real-time analytics, and lifecycle management.
With a focus on reshaping the advisor experience, SIMON is setting new industry standards, simplifying the complex, and delivering structured investment, annuity, and defined outcome ETF solutions to investment professionals, centralized within one unique ecosystem.
Originally incubated within Goldman Sachs, SIMON launched as an independently operating company in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions—Barclays, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Prudential, and Wells Fargo. Growth equity firm WestCap became an investor in 2021. The company is headquartered in New York, NY, with an additional location in Birmingham, AL.