SimVentions, consistently voted one of Virginia’s Best Places to Work, is looking for a Junior to Mid-level System Engineers to join our team in support of Tactical Tomahawk Weapons Control System (TTWCS). Candidate will work on a diverse team with fellow SimVentions’ system engineers and government personnel. Ideal candidate will have experience with developing system requirements and participating in working groups and integrated product teams (IPT).
- Review, analyze, and create requirements at multiple levels (SSS, SSDD, SRS, HRS) for weapon system capability and functionality
- Determine impacts on the weapon system, requirements, and other design specifications during engineering development
- Resolve change requests (CR)/problem reports (PR) related to discrepancies between design documentation and system functionality
- Create CRs/PRs as needed to document system problems and/or design document errors
- Develop Candidate Change Packages (CCP) to engineer new system capabilities and document design details and impacts in engineering documents
- Review, analyze, and develop system architectures, especially using MagicDraw
- Provide human factors engineering, prototyping, and analysis support for the development and maintenance of the system user interface requirements and specifications (e.g., the Human Computer Interface (HCI) Design Specification
- Review, analyze, and provide inputs for external interface documents. Serve as document custodian of external interface documents by making document updates, adjudicating comments against the document, and maintaining Configuration Management (CM)
- Provide engineering expertise during IPT meetings, Software Requirements Management Boards (SRMB), Engineering Review Boards (ERB), Deficiency Review Boards (DRB), Development and Deployment reviews, Configuration Control Boards (CCB), Interface Working Groups (IWG), and Single System Initiative (SSI) Reviews by performing package development, package review, and comment and documentation of results
- Communicate meeting and engineering event summaries verbally and in writing, including the ability to provide technical briefs, defend engineering and design decisions, and present at reviews
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience in concept definition, Department of Defense (DoD) Architecture Framework compliant architecture development, requirements definition, and initial and detailed system design activities
- Systems engineering experience focused on requirements development and management of software systems. This includes experience related to the identification, analysis, and documentation of complex systems involving DoD weapon and/or fire control systems
- Two (2) years of concurrent experience with Navy surface or submarine shipboard weapons and/or fire control systems to include current Navy programs such as Tomahawk or other related missile and weapon control systems.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Five (5) years of engineering experience with a DoD major weapon and/or fire control systems program
- Three (3) years specialized demonstrated expertise in total life cycle system development and analysis, supporting achievement of milestone decisions and CONOPS and initial design development from upper level requirements
- Experience dealing with issues for a system employing GOTS software and COTS software technology
- Demonstrated experience developing system design/system integration documents for weapons systems and weapons control systems to include Engineering Change Proposals (ECP), Interface Change Requests (ICR), Interface Design Specifications (IDS), and Weapon Specifications (WS)
- Experience using Jira to document and track CRs/PRs as well as tracking tasks.
Education: A Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline
Minimum Clearance: Interim Secret
Location: Fredericksburg, VA