SimVentions, consistently voted a Best Place to Work in Virginia, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team!
- Utilize software processes to develop tactical and non-tactical Track Management software
- Perform software unit and integration testing
- Create software development plans and schedules
- Manage software development efforts
- Ten (10) years of experience in software engineering in the areas of Computer Program Development and Modeling and Simulation
Experience in one or more of the following areas :
- Experience in coding/analyzing one or more of the following programming languages; ADA, C++, C, Python.
- Working knowledge in Java.
- Experience in real time and non-real time operating systems, such as UNIX, Linux, and VxWorks.
- Experience in coding within a publish-subscribe architecture and middleware.
- Experience in model-driven architecture tools and languages.
- Ability to assess software complexity in quantitative terms and able to translate complexity to approximate time and cost to maintain.
- Experience in defining and tracking software metrics.
- Experience in assessing software changes for impacts relative to complexity, throughput, and accuracy.
- Experience in developing and assessing Software Development Plans, Software Requirements Documents, Software Design Documents, Interface Design Documents and Specifications and associated SIM/STIM and test cases.
- BS Degree from ABET recognized engineering curriculum, OR
- BS Degree in physical science, engineering, or mathematics that includes 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics. Examples include Applied Math, Applied Physics, Operational Research, Modeling and Simulation, Chemistry, Computer Science, Naval Architecture.
Security Clearance Level: Active SECRET (Final or Interim)