As a Software Engineer you will work with your peers in science and engineering to architect, design, and develop software controlling sophisticated scientific instrumentation, experiment tracking, and to support other business processes via internal tool and application development.
This position is ideally suited to a candidate who is self-motivated and excited by a startup environment where opportunity to rise to frequent and diverse challenges is commonly encountered.
- Work closely with other members of the R&D team, with expertise in organic chemistry, surface chemistry, biochemistry, enzyme engineering, physics, fluidics, optics, signal processing and engineering.
- Design architecture, code implementation, unit testing, and debugging of internal software applications to support product development.
- Contribute relevant information toward product and technical documentation.
- Directly support the R&D process: instrumentation and experiment tracking.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or comparable accredited technical degree.
- Minimum 3+ yrs experience application development in MS Windows environment.
- High degree of competency with C++, C#, .Net 4.6+.
- Full understanding of threading in MS Windows environment and inter-process communication.
- Experience in multiple languages and application frameworks, including WPF, MVVM, XAML, SQL, ASP .NET/Core, .NET Core, MVC, Blazor, Razor, etc.
- Experience with communication and serialization protocols such as MQTT, GRPC, Protobufs, Json, REST.
- Database design, implementation and maintenance.
- Ability to effectively utilize standard source control tools for version/release control.
- Experience with developing for, implementing and debugging communications with peripheral devices, is a plus.
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.