What do we do?
Are you passionate about education and teaching? Are you interested in helping students achieve their dreams and reach their academic potential? Would you like to be at the forefront of innovation in the ways that educational content is delivered online? If so, we would like to meet you! At Sinica Education, you will be working in an exciting and supportive start-up atmosphere in our offices on the Westside of LA.
What would you do?
As an academic specialist, you are responsible for leading small group and one-on-one online teaching courses with students. You will be asked to teach small group online classes to high school and middle school students in one or more of the following subject areas: Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. You will also be working with students and their parents one-on-one. No matter where in the world our students are located—whether they are in New England, California or China– you will help them to design their academic and extracurricular program at school. When needed, you will also tutor students one-on-one online. Furthermore, you will work with the students’ teachers and counselors at school to resolve problems and to push students to reach their full potential. Additional responsibilities include drafting reports on student progress, helping to design marketing materials, help with our college admissions counseling service, and working on other strategic initiatives.
The ideal science instructor would be able to cover both high school and college level courses:
- High school level courses: general knowledge of HS science courses, prefer teaching/tutoring experience in AP Biology, AP chemistry and/or AP Physics.
- College level: general biology, general chemistry, microbiology + molecular biology, organic chemistry, biochemistry, general physics, quantum mechanics, mathematical methods in physics.
We are specifically looking for candidates majored in neuroscience, who are strong in a number of subjects mentioned below:
cell structure (organelles and types of cells), cellular respiration and photosynthesis, evolution, central dogma of biology (DNA replication, transcription, translation), Mendelian genetics
atomic structure, electron configuration, periodic table trends, chemical bonding (ionic vs covalent) and formulas, stoichiometry, gases, solutions, acids and bses, thermochemistry, equilibrium, redox reactions
Newton’s Law, free fall, projectile motion, circular motion, gravitation, torque, work and energy(potential vs kinetic energy), momentum, elastic/inelastic collisions, fluids, oscillations and waves, ideal gas law, electric circuit, magnetism, quantum theory, decay and half life
What are the required qualifications?
- MUST hold a BA or graduate degree from a top university.
- A real passion for education and desire to work with international students of different backgrounds, ages, and ability levels
What are other desirable qualifications?
- Proficiency in spoken and written Mandarin Chinese highly desired
- Demonstrate strong communication skills inside and outside the online classroom
- Classroom teaching experience at the high school or university level
- One-on-one tutoring experience with high school or university students
- Experience with online learning platforms
- Experience with curriculum design
This is a full-time, onsite position based in our West Los Angeles office.