Are you passionate about education and teaching? Are you interested in helping students achieve their dreams and reach their academic potential? Would you like to be at the forefront of innovation in the ways that educational content is delivered online? Would you like to take managerial responsibility for our growing online learning programs? If so, we would like to meet you! At Sinica Education, you will be working in an exciting and supportive start-up atmosphere in our offices on the Westside of LA.
Sinica Education is looking for tutors and instructors to join our team. Specifically, we are looking for instructors in the following areas for our high school curriculum program:
What do we do?
Co-founded by Harvard graduates, Sinica Education provides online educational content to Chinese students from 7th to 12th grade in China and in the US. Using online tools, we provide short online courses, academic counseling, one-on-one teaching, and other academic support and guidance to ensure our students’ academic success. Everyone on our team has the opportunity to interact with students and make an impact on students’ future growth.
What you would do:
As an academic instructor, you will provide online, small group (2-15 students) or one-on-one instruction to students in grades 7-12. Classes are usually scheduled on weeknights after school or on the weekends. Teaching responsibilities can range from 5 to 20 or more hours per week.
The ideal candidate will have experience teaching academic courses at the high school or college level and will be excited to help students improve their reading and writing skills in online classroom sessions. Experience with online learning is a plus; enthusiasm for teaching students online is a must.
What are the required qualifications?
· BA degree required; a graduate degree could be a plus. Those holding a PhD in the arts and sciences, or an EdD are encouraged to apply.
· A real passion for education and desire to work with Chinese high school and college students of different backgrounds and ability levels
· Classroom or teaching experience at the high school or university level OR one-on-one tutoring experience with high school or university students
· Enthusiasm for teaching students online
What are other desirable qualifications?
· Experience with online learning platforms would be a plus
· Experience working with Chinese international students