Co-founded by Harvard graduates, Sinica Education provides online educational content to Chinese students from 7th to 12th grade in China and in the US. Using online tools, we provide short online courses, academic counseling, one-on-one teaching, and other academic support and guidance to ensure our students’ academic success.
Sinica Education is looking for part-time instructors to join our team. Specifically, we are looking for instructors in physics, chemistry and biology for our high school (including AP and IB) and lower college level curriculum program:
The ideal science instructor would be able to cover both high school and college level courses:
- High school level courses: general knowledge of HS science courses, prefer teaching/tutoring experience in AP Biology, AP chemistry and/or AP Physics.
- College level: general biology, general chemistry, microbiology + molecular biology, organic chemistry, biochemistry, general physics, quantum mechanics, mathematical methods in physics.
cell structure (organelles and types of cells), cellular respiration and photosynthesis, evolution, central dogma of biology (DNA replication, transcription, translation), Mendelian genetics
atomic structure, electron configuration, periodic table trends, chemical bonding (ionic vs covalent) and formulas, stoichiometry, gases, solutions, acids and bses, thermochemistry, equilibrium, redox reactions
Newton’s Law, free fall, projectile motion, circular motion, gravitation, torque, work and energy(potential vs kinetic energy), momentum, elastic/inelastic collisions, fluids, oscillations and waves, ideal gas law, electric circuit, magnetism, quantum theory, decay and half life
Location: Online Remote
Hours: Flexible. Typically our classes are scheduled during:
Block 1: 7-10am EST
Block 2: 7-11pm EST
You can pick the the time that works the best for you.
We require a minimum of 8 hours commitment per week.
What are the required qualifications?
- MUST hold a BA or graduate degree from a top 30 university. Those holding a PhD or an EdD are encouraged to apply.
- A real passion for education and desire to work with international students of different backgrounds, ages, and ability levels
What are other desirable qualifications?
- Classroom teaching experience at the high school or university level
- Experience with high school curriculum design
- One-on-one tutoring experience with high school or university students
- Experience with online learning platforms