Global Marketing Director
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Global Marketing Director plays a key role within the Skybound Entertainment consumer products division where we are launching video games, board games, collectibles, and merchandise for diehard fans, community, and loyal customers.
The Global Marketing Director will be responsible for cross-functional GTM planning, execution, and leadership. Efforts will be primarily focused on an unannounced AAA title, but your team will also be responsible for marketing amazing indie games and all other lines of Skybound’s business.
- Accountable for creation of global integrated GTM plans inclusive of multiple channels – owned, paid, earned and partner – and aligned to business objectives and strategies.
- Work hand-in-hand with Brand Management to ensure that strategy is built with implementation in mind, adhered to during GTM, and adjusted to fit the needs of the market.
- Develop breakthrough global marketing programs applicable to all channels and regions.
- Lead a high-performing cross-functional marketing team in all aspects of consumer marketing, leveraging functional leads in PR, CRM, Paid Media, Social and Community for global impact.
- See the whole chessboard and be the day-to-day marketing voice with company leadership, studio, 1st Party, and other partners.
- Identify real-time consumer insights including quantitative, qualitative, and competitive insights to influence strategy and drive go-to-market plans.
- Ongoing risk and opportunity assessment towards flawless execution of key beats through the entire campaign.
- Establish the KPI scorecard for campaigns to quantify and qualify success metrics.
- Build a team and develop direct reports while influencing cross-functional teams and Skybound/partner leadership.
- 3+ or more years of experience with team leadership, cross-functional team leadership, and direct report management/development.
- 8+ years of experience launching & scaling consumer apps, products or services for a range of global consumer brands.
- AAA games experience with a leadership facing role is a must.
- Campaign Planning: Strategy, tactics and objectives aligned to a crafted consumer journey
- Tactical Marketing Execution: Advertising, events, influencers, PR, community, channel and promotions
- Project Management: Tools, operations and capabilities for managing multiple products at once
- Publishing Operations: Problem solving, critical thinking and cross-functional coordination
- Signature Initiatives: Develop breakthrough global marketing programs applicable to all channels and markets
- Modern Game Media and Marketing: Influencers, video content, custom editorial and more
- Campaign Optimization: On-going support & assessment of business objectives, industry trends, and campaign plans to help inform changes and/or improvements to ongoing marketing activations
- Partner Coordination: 1st Party, agency, and studio experience.
- A pro at presenting to the executive level, both internally and externally.
Skybound Entertainment is a multiplatform content company that works closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending their stories to further platforms including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, and beyond. The company is the home of notable properties including The Walking Dead, Invincible, and Super Dinosaur. On screen, Skybound holds a first-look television deal with Amazon Studios and a first-look movie deal with Universal.
Also under the Skybound Entertainment umbrella is publishing venture Skybound Games, and sister-company Skybound North, which is based in Vancouver and specialized in animation. Skybound is also a partner in Skybound Galactic, a television studio with the capabilities to finance the development and production of scripted series.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.