Job Title: Producer
Skybound is looking for an interactive entertainment producer to join an agile scrappy team to oversee and actively line produce a wide variety of content on all game platforms. If you enjoy context switching, working with developers and creative groups this is a role for you! We are looking for a creative problem spotter and solver with the skills to manage day-to-day development across a wide variety of titles. This role will include licensing, publishing, co-development, and development partner work that will ensure our titles are high quality, on budget, and on time. Being a Skybound producer will require expertise in production management, cross-collaboration with creatives, marketing, sales, operations, and business development to bring titles to market.
Reporting to: Senior Producer
Responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of projects at different stages of development while acting as the product’s champion
- Identifying and resolving issues with development and timely deliverables
- Maintain project budget and schedule, identifying and resolving any overruns
- Coordination and communication with creatives, operations, marketing, legal and finance
- Developer and partner relations management
- Assist in vendor selection and management
- Tracking and reporting out of project status
- Content opportunity assessment and production evaluation
- Contract participation, evaluation and management in conjunction with legal
- Value add to ideas, development, business and strategy to improve and identify opportunities within our portfolio
- Integrate with our broader Skybound business and seek opportunities to leverage our capabilities and assets to enhance our products
The right fit will have:
- A love of games with a passion for independent titles being a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem spotting and solving skills
- Ability to context switch quickly, assess and take action
- Ability to prioritize and raise flags across development
- A professional, calm and action-oriented demeanor
- A minimum of 5-7 years of production experience in game development and/or publishing
- Shipping experience across a wide variety of platforms including Xbox, PlayStation, PC, Mobile, Web and VR
- Education or work experience in related fields that apply directly to job responsibilities
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending and health savings accounts, commuter benefits AFLAC and MetLife supplemental plans and free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). We also offer a 401K with 4% match, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, generous time off and tuition reimbursement.
Skybound Entertainment is a multiplatform content company that works closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending their stories to further platforms including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, and beyond. The company is the home of notable properties including The Walking Dead, Invincible, and Super Dinosaur.
On screen, Skybound holds a first-look television deal with Amazon Studios and a first-look movie deal with Universal. Additional strategic partnerships across the entertainment industry include comic book publishing with Image Comics, book publishing with Simon & Schuster, and a first-look narrative audio deal with Audible.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.