Senior Data Analyst
This role reports directly to the CMO and works cross-functionally with business and technical stakeholders. The right candidate will identify growth opportunities through the critical analysis of our marketing initiatives. This individual will demonstrate the ability to define KPIs, prepare reports, conduct analyses, synthesize findings, and communicate with decision makers. In addition, you will balance your time performing ad hoc analysis, while also taking the time to automate and standardize visual dashboards.
- Collect and document reporting requirements from cross-departmental stakeholders
- Develop KPIs in partnership with each department to track health toward business goals
- Create dashboards and reports for sales, marketing, and customer service
- Conduct regular analysis of marketing effectiveness across all initiatives with a focus on out-of-game data, especially marketing channel performance
- Identify and propose hypothesis testing opportunities that would bring about key learnings for the organization
- Size and recommend opportunities for improvement on the paid social and search (Facebook, Google, etc.), email, SMS, influencer, and PR marketing front
- Collaborate with product, marketing, finance, and technology team to define reporting specs
- Govern the integrity of the company’s digital analytics data including tracking implementation and tag management, documentation, and upholding best practices as the company grows
- Drive conversation with cross functional teams on maximizing data acquisition touchpoints (e.g. areas where we can capture data whether it’s emails/CRM or website tagging)
- Engage with the marketing team to optimize website funnels, channel performance and customer segmentation
- Responsible for tracking, reporting and analysis of homepage, landing page, shopping funnel to improve user experience and increase conversion, repeat purchase, and AOV
- Connect the dots between interaction on our live events, video programming, marketing efforts, and product sales
- Participate in process design to proactively recommend ways to address data gaps upstream
- Collaborate with in-house and outside agency data engineers
- BA or BS degree in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Data Analysis, Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent)
- A video game consumer and industry professional with interest in board games, comic books, or pop culture entertainment
- Demonstrated experience defining KPIs and finding opportunity in data for D2C businesses
- Demonstrated experience building visually compelling dashboards and reports with data from disparate sources and unique formats
- 5+ years of experience in an environment w/ Facebook Ads, Google Search, and email
- 5+ years of experience with Tableau, Looker, or Domo for building dashboards and reports
- 3+ years experience with analysis of the following metrics: CAC, TAC, LTV, and RPR
- Mastery of SQL, Python, and Excel to query and summarize data from APIs or databases
- Experience with GamePulse, Netbase, Sprout, Khoros, or Tubular Video Intelligence
- Experience with first party gaming platforms, Amazon Marketplace, Shopify, Google Analytics, MailChimp, SendGrid, Sendlane, and FreshDesk
- Technical knowledge including html, tag management, basic front-end code
- Knowledge of best practices in data warehouse and database design
- Comfortable working cross-functionally with technical and business stakeholders
- Proven ability to communicate data findings to non-technical audiences
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Skybound Entertainment is a multiplatform content company that works closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending their stories to further platforms including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, and beyond. The company is the home of notable properties including The Walking Dead, Invincible, and Super Dinosaur.
On screen, Skybound holds a first-look television deal with Amazon Studios and a first-look movie deal with Universal. Additional strategic partnerships across the entertainment industry include comic book publishing with Image Comics, book publishing with Simon & Schuster, and a first-look narrative audio deal with Audible.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.