Senior Manager, Paid Media
Reporting to the Marketing VP, the Senior Manager, Paid Media plays a key role within the Skybound Entertainment consumer products division where we are launching video games, board games, collectibles, and merchandise for diehard fans, community, and loyal customers.
The Senior Manager, Paid Media will be responsible for the conception, management, and optimization of all media plans and paid campaigns. This will range from massive AAA budgets across TV and digital to super-efficient UA for amazing indie and tabletop games. As the subject matter expert in the marketing group, this role has room for significant growth and management potential.
- Oversee strategies, plans and budget for all global paid media campaigns across businesses. Scope includes large-scale campaigns across multiple channels (Digital, Influencers, TV, etc.).
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day digital performance campaigns, including campaign creation, performance optimization, reporting, and budget monitoring
- Track efficiency of campaigns and implement data-informed optimizations to improve product key performance indicators such as Customer Acquisition Cost, Return on Ad Spend.
- Select and manage external agencies as the needs of the business warrant and drive them to success.
- Provide optimal budget forecasting and/or allocation recommendations, with the focus of achieving maximum reach, scale, engagement effectiveness, and performance efficiency
- Work with Brand Management and other partners to optimize creative approach to campaigns through A/B testing and other performance marketing data.
- Apply research, identify new market trends, develop POVs, and keep the team informed of new opportunities. Contribute to the development and refinement of Skybound’s best practices.
- Manage ad platform relationships to ensure Skybound has the most up to date best practices, tools, and trends from top partners.
- Interface with partner organizations (studios, 1st party) and align media planning and execution with their objectives.
- Support multiple product and brand campaign initiatives simultaneously
- Formulate the case to build and manage a team as Skybound grows.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with media planning and managing.
- 2+ years as a people manager.
- Degree in advertising/marketing, communications, business administration, or similar field preferred
- Hands-on experience with direct-to-consumer platforms, Kickstarter campaigns, Amazon advertising, and SEM is preferred.
- Proven experience with defending strategic, tactical, and budget recommendations.
- Ability to synthesize and communicate numerical or complex information, both oral and written
- Work well under pressure with short deadlines across multiple teams with fragmented priorities
- A self-starter who can work independently or with minor supervision in a fast pace, multi-project, and process-oriented environment by balancing time on competing priorities
- Ability to spot problems before they arise, and constantly looking for ways to improve processes.
- Comfortable presenting at the executive level, both internally and externally.
Skybound Entertainment is a multiplatform content company that works closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending their stories to further platforms including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, and beyond. The company is the home of notable properties including The Walking Dead, Invincible, and Super Dinosaur. On screen, Skybound holds a first-look television deal with Amazon Studios and a first-look movie deal with Universal.
Also under the Skybound Entertainment umbrella is publishing venture Skybound Games, and sister-company Skybound North, which is based in Vancouver and specialized in animation. Skybound is also a partner in Skybound Galactic, a television studio with the capabilities to finance the development and production of scripted series.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.