Smarty Pants only hires leaders or leaders in training. This position is for the latter–a strong up-and-comer with solid research skills and drive for excellence.
Candidates must have a research background and be an eager marketing expert in the making. Candidates with experience in qualitative and/or quantitative methods will be considered –but those with an understanding of both are preferred.
More specifically, candidates for this position must:
- Hold a minimum of a bachelors degree (advanced degree is preferred)
- Have 1 – 3 years of primary research experience from an end-client, ad/marketing agency, research firm or consultancy
- Have an understanding of research design, fielding, data processing and analysis
- Have experience conducting analysis with secondary or primary research data –including conducting syntheses of published articles, reading data tables, and extracting insights from qualitative inputs such as interviews or focus groups
- Be savvy in Word, PPT, Excel
- Be meticulous, pay close attention to detail
- Quickly and easily perform the aforementioned duties with limited oversight
- Demonstrate self-discipline, a good work ethic, passion, commitment/drive
- Have good people/business intuition
- Be eager and open to guidance while becoming more research proficient and learning the Smarty Pants way
Smarty Pants also prefers candidates with:
- An advanced degree in a relevant field
- Professional experience with Fortune 500 clients
- Category experience in media, food/beverage, CPG, toy/game, apparel, retail, healthcare, etc.
- Experience in the youth and family space
Project management activities
- Creating project timelines
- Managing vendor partners
- Managing recruiting
- Monitoring fielding
- Conducting secondary research
- Planning/communicating research logistics
- Proofing documents
- Implementing quality control across all project phases
- Questionnaire and/or screener authoring
- Drafting preliminary activity and discussion guides
- Analysis of digital diaries or online journals
- Providing back-room or in-field support for in-person qualitative initiatives
- Moderating of digital diaries or online journals
- Creating first drafts of cross tab plans
- Checking cross tabs to ensure accuracy/proper set-up
- Creating compelling charts and slides
- Editing video and audio clips and montages
- Writing engaging and cohesive report outlines, toplines and summaries
- Assisting with translating these into engaging reports.
Data analysis and reporting
- Creating report outlines with support of project leader
- Authoring first drafts of actual reports based on approved outlines
- Working within the Smarty Pants PPT template to create visually engaging, story-driven reports
This is a full-time salaried position with generous benefits. Salary is commensurate with the level and experience of the candidate.
Candidate location is not important, as the employee will work remotely. East coast hours are 9am-5pm; west coast hours are 7am-3pm. Work after hours and/or on weekends is sometimes necessary. Work is typically team-based and requires dialogue with colleagues (via email, phone and video)throughout the day.
Smarty Pants provides all office hardware, software, equipment and supplies.
Smarty Pants is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Applicants are considered for positions and evaluated without regard to mental or physical ability, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected bylaw.