At SMASH, we envision a STEM ecosystem where every scholar, regardless of the zip code they grew up in, has the opportunity to participate in and thrive in the tech innovation economy. We believe that equipping our scholars with skills to be competitive in STEM fields can transform how we work and, in turn, yield tremendous social impact.
Reporting to the National Director of Operations, the Operations Associate (OA) will support the development, implementation and analysis of operational efficacy for SMASH programming. The OA will lead the selection, analysis, and improvement of operational processes and tools to help the national SMASH Programs Team meet annual goals and activities. The OA will create sustainable solutions, develop innovative and efficient systems, improve existing processes to ensure annual key performance indicators (KPIs) and activities are met, and support the operational management of new program initiatives with the primary focus of driving operational scale across all SMASH programs by:
- Identifying best practices and process improvement. Contributing to the creation and/or recommendation of tools and procedures to support optimal flow of information, data, and communication among internal and appropriate external stakeholders to expedite processing times, reduce effort, and increase intelligence regarding program activities, finances, IT/technology, and use of human resources. Tools may include forms, reports, business rules or procedures, and/or technology. Supporting Programs and seasonal staff adoption of the tools and processes through training and other assistance, and introducing group tools and processes that drive impact and efficacy.
- Leading planning and logistics of program wide initiatives and activities. Acting as a project manager and facilitator for national initiatives and activities developed for mass program implementation. Identifies project requirements; analyzes current operations to determine scope of work and resources needed.
- Managing systems and tools. Ensuring Programs data management systems are up to date and maintained with attention to detail. Analyzing efficacy of systems and tools to identify areas of and/or new tools for improvement. Supporting the dissemination of resources and reports to Programs staff.
- Facilitating knowledge management and communications. Maintaining Programs knowledge management platforms that makes resources accessible. Collecting all created resources, organizing documents and archiving documents as necessary. Supporting the creation and dissemination of communications to all levels of stakeholders, including email, web, social and print materials.
- Driving performance and evaluation reporting. Building, coordinating and managing data-driven, quality assurance and performance measuring tools/dashboards to track KPIs and support ongoing program operations.
- Completing general administrative tasks. Performing administrative and fiscal activities that may include human resources support, inventory control and ordering, records management, contracts, accounting and budgetary monitoring and auditing.
This position requires thinking outside of the box and managing details while keeping the big picture in mind. As we are a national program, you will be supporting the alignment of practices for sites at all our locations.