The Software Developer supports the Product and Technology Department by managing day to day activities within the organization’s software development function. The Software Developer reports to senior team members and is part of an agile development team building and working on enterprise grade software. Software Developer is involved in all areas of development from design to development to testing.
• Responsible for designing, building, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting applications or systems software.
• Establish functional requirements and reviews solutions to ensure organizational needs are met.
• Select and oversee the implementation of one or more software development methodologies.
• Develop short- and long-term product roadmaps to ensure continuous improvement of software.
• Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
• Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
• Foster a positive team environment
• Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
• Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
• Verbal Communication – Proficient
• Written Communication – Proficient
• Teamwork – Proficient
• Relationships – Proficient
• Negotiation – Proficient
• Learning Agility – Proficient
• Problem Solving – Proficient
• Process Orientation – Proficient
• Prioritization – Proficient
Role Specific Skills
• Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
• Solid understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
• Familiarity with version control concepts
• Exposure to Microsoft .NET development using C#, or JAVA or other major languages
• Knowledge of client/server application development preferred
• Knowledge of agile development methodologies preferred
• Knowledge of unit testing theory preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or with equivalent professional experience
• 2-5 years of experience in relevant field
– Fluent in English and Mandarin preferred