About us: Town Farm Tonics, entering its third year as a quickly growing Micro-business, crafts herbal products that are an accessible, delicious, and effective way for our customers to improve health and wellness. Acting as a ‘bridge to herbalism’ our two-person team takes pride in the quality of our products such as Elderberry Syrup, Fire Cider, and loose-leaf herbal teas, currently sold online and in retail stores across MA and RI.
As a start-up business, the co-founders handle production, marketing, sales, accounting, and general administration of the business. Working with this small team is an opportunity to learn from a taste of start-up life and entrepreneurship in the health, wellness, and food product industries.
Internship Description: We are looking for an Intern primarily focused on marketing that will assist us in developing systems to increase the visibility of our organization on social media and online. Our marketing consists of a mix of typical customer advertisement and education of plants, herbs, and herbal constituents, interns would support social media posts, blogs, articles, and website integration. The Intern will also research and implement website systems/applications to best share this marketing information. Interns will work with staff to create, apply and evaluate modes of marketing. Other opportunities exist in supporting production or sales systems if interested.
The intern will:
- Develop and implement ideas for marketing campaigns to drive impact.
- Have a creative flair and an understanding of what makes content shareable.
- Work on creating content for our social media platforms. (Posts, stories …)
- Work with our team to brainstorm ideas.
- Schedule posts on social media. (Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok)
- Enhance our current website and keep it up to date.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proficiency with social media platforms.
- Experience implementing marketing strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Compensation: Academic credit
Schedule: 10 – 15 hours per week.