About us: Founded in 1971, SVM provides integrated public relations and creative marketing services to innovative organizations that are changing the way the world lives, works, and plays. We excel at working with companies and organizations that are defining new categories, pioneering emerging technologies, and challenging traditional business models. Providing maximum value via integrated well-executed programs is what we do best.
Job Title: Public Relations Research & Media Relations Specialist
Salary: $40,000 – $60,000 per year
Schedule: 30+ hours per week
SVM is seeking a highly organized professional for a role supporting SVM team members by researching, identifying, cataloging, and tracking opportunities and media/analyst influencers relevant to a variety of clients. The selected candidate will provide PR teams and senior leadership with detailed information on the events, awards, editorial, and other opportunities and deadlines pertinent to their areas of focus. There are also opportunities for future growth in this role, including increased writing and support with social media account management.
The company prides itself on being a carefully curated group of good people doing good work and is looking for a pleasant, proactive addition who is able to work effectively both collaboratively and independently to allow our PR teams to best serve our esteemed clients. The agency is based in Providence, RI and this position will be remote until further notice.
– Maintain up-to-date databases of media and analyst contacts for multiple client accounts across a variety of sectors
– Monitor social media conversations, trade publications, and Google Alerts for identified keywords in order to help teams engage in timely and relevant industry conversations
– Create and maintain matrices of appropriate editorial, award, and speaking opportunities, and social media observances, and alert PR teams as deadlines become announced/actionable (with the goal of teams proactively presenting every client with new opportunities weekly)
– Monitor competitive landscape and alert PR teams to industry/competitor announcements of interest; assist in developing competitor snapshots for clients
– Collect and compile client coverage and assist in Google Analytics and social media analytics summary reports
– Assist with compiling well-cited industry research and statistics to support the PR teams’ development of content including bylined articles, blog posts, social posts, and infographics
• College degree required (Bachelors preferred)
• Minimum of 2-3 years’ professional experience demonstrating ability to produce work that is well-executed, accurate, and attentive to detail (experience in healthcare/MedTech, B2B technology or corporate/agency environment preferred)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Comfortable utilizing and monitoring social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook)
• Highly motivated and organized with attention to prioritizing incoming tasks
• Project management and/or PR/marketing or market research experience a plus
• Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills (both written and oral)
• Ability to communicate via multiple media (phone, Slack, email, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
• Collaborative work style and ability to work constructively within a team environment
• Motivated by results, urgency, and personal commitment. Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic
• Ability to work under pressure and with competing, changing, and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a strong level of professionalism