About: Maternova is a pioneering global health venture focused on saving maternal and newborn lives around the world through its pioneering e-commerce platform for health technologies. This award-winning venture seeks to continue to add products and reach new markets and customers and build its brand using social media.
The social media intern will be involved in multi-channel social media messaging and connecting with other ventures, countries, and initiatives in women’s health, newborn health, medical devices and diagnostics, and global health. The job will entail increasing posting quality, frequency, and strategic placement on the right platform at the right time. The intern will work with the CEO and Chief Strategy Officer to continue to build a social media strategy that is powered by the mission of the company—to get low-cost, high-quality medical innovations into the hands of those providing clinical care around the world. Twitter is the primary channel, but increasing our LinkedIn ‘voice’ and traffic, as well as Instagram, will be the focus for the semester.
If the candidate speaks another language fluently (esp French or Spanish or Portuguese) this is an added attribute for the position. This is an ideal position for a college senior or graduate student who is taking time off due to Covid and has time to invest in a fast-paced social enterprise with a global brand.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The candidate must be well versed in Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn and be able to expertly manage across platforms using a social media manager like Hootsuite
- Concrete prior experience in social media messaging (hashtag research, metrics for social media)
- The candidate must have impeccable spelling and grammar and a keen eye for design and composition for the visual aspects of social media (creating compelling images on Canva)
- The candidate will ideally have strong public health and global health knowledge, preferably with a focus on maternal and child health
- Junior/Seniors/Graduate Students only; GPA 3.5 or above only
- Strong work ethic and time management are essential