We are looking for a creative and digitally savvy intern to bolster Social Impact’s communications. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about global development, an enthusiastic communicator, and a strong writer.
This is a paid internship at $15/hour. The Communications intern must be available for 20 hours per week Monday through Friday, on a mutually agreeable schedule. Please note that this internship is available immediately.
- Writing, maintaining, and editing content including blogs for our website.
- Developing content for social media and helping grow our social engagement.
- Supporting the Communications Associate with visual communications products including data visualization, and design of promotional materials.
- Providing ad hoc support on website re-design project including writing and editing web content, coordinating between internal and external stakeholders, and related design initiatives.
- Additional support tasks as needed.
- BA or Master’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, international development or related field.
- Excellent writing and editing capabilities.
- Willingness to take direction, as well as proactively provide design and communication ideas.
- Ability to work independently and on a team, with strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of public relations, media, and social media best practices.
- Interest in international development, communications, and public relations.
- Experience with WordPress and google analytics.
- Experience with editing and creating graphics in Visme, Canva, Adobe Photoshop or InDesign.
- Experience with developing social media content.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.