SI is seeking a highly organized and compliance savvy intern to bolster Social Impact’s contracts department. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about global development, an enthusiastic communicator, a strong writer, and excited to gain exposure to U.S. Government and other donor-funded contracts. Working closely with SI’s team of contracts experts, the Contracts and Compliance Intern will receive a hands-on experience that will strengthen their skills and prepare them for a career in government contract management.
This is a six-month-long, paid opportunity (at a rate of $15/hour). The ideal candidate would be available for at least 20 hours per week Monday through Friday, on a mutually agreeable schedule.
- Assist directly with routine research, gathering data, and disseminating information for and on behalf of the Contracts team.
- Provide general administrative and operational support to the Contracts team, including support to drafting contract documents and processing contract actions in SI’s financial system.
- Organize and maintain contract files and assist with data collection and report generation.
- Ensure compliance of contract file documentation.
- Additional support tasks as needed.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in progress in the field of project management, business administration, finance, pre-law, international development or related field.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office programs.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Interest in international development, contracts, and donor compliance.
What you will gain:
- Exposure to Deltek Costpoint, a top industry ERP solution designed for government contractors.
- Experience reviewing, interpreting, and managing US Government contracts.
- Knowledge of FAR, AIDAR, and other regulatory frameworks.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.