About Sociedad Latina Since 1968, Sociedad Latina has worked in partnership with Latino youth and families to create the next generation of Latino leaders who are confident, competent, self-sustaining, and proud of their cultural heritage. Through our Pathways to Success positive create youth development model, we pioneer new and innovative solutions to end destructive cycles of poverty, health disparities, racism, and lack of education and professional opportunities in our community. We support youth from ages 11-21, creating a community that supports young people, and training all youth to advocate for themselves and their communities. Our comprehensive, intensive array of programming builds skills in four areas: Education, Workforce Development, Civic Engagement, and Arts & Culture.
Development Associate Job Description
The Development Associate assists with implementing Sociedad Latina’s fundraising and marketing plans, including grant writing and reporting, copywriting for marketing (i.e. E-Newsletters, E-Blasts, and social media posts), and other tasks as assigned. The Development Associate reports directly to the Director of Development, and works closely with Sociedad Latina staff, including our Executive and Program Directors.
Experience and Qualifications
● 2+ years of experience in grant writing and fundraising
● 2+ years of experience with copywriting and social media marketing
● Proven track record of building organizational capacity
● Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to be flexible
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including attention to detail, clarity of expression, and familiarity with proposal structure/language
● Creativity and resourcefulness, as well as motivation to learn and develop new skills
● Ability to work independently in a deadline-driven environment
● Demonstrated commitment to Sociedad Latina’s mission of supporting Latino youth and families ● Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred
● Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred Grants and Reports Responsibilities
● Research and identify sources of funding for programmatic and operational support
● Compose grant LOIs, proposals, reports, and other correspondence to corporate and foundation donors
● Connect with program managers and coordinators to gather necessary information for reports
● Assists with the acknowledgment and recognition of corporate and foundation grants
● Support with general operations of the development staff as needed, such as mailings, events, and special activities or campaigns Evaluation Responsibilities
● Attend quarterly program quality and data meetings
● Ensure that our Apricot 360 data is capturing info needed for reports Communications Responsibilities
● Support the implementation of Sociedad Latina’s marketing plan, including print and online communications, fundraising events, and bi-annual appeals
● Write content for E-Newsletter and E-Blasts, and social media posts To Apply Email a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples (preferably grants and/or copywriting samples) to Maria Grande, Director of Development, at mariag @sociedadlatina.org.