An internship at SID-Washington is an invaluable opportunity for young people interested in pursuing a career in international development. As a Program Associate, you will meet high-level professionals with years of experience in the field and in Washington, DC – perhaps even your future employer!
Program Associate Internship
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Perform general administrative duties (including answering phones, handling mail, drafting correspondence, etc.)
- Work closely with our programmatic coordinators to do the following:
- Assist with program development and planning for SID-Washington’s numerous workgroups
- Assist with preparations for SID-Washington’s Virtual Career Fair and Annual Conference
- Assist with planning for SID-Washington’s special and chapter events
- Write summaries of Chapter activities and events to be published on our website
- Develop outreach materials
- Support the SID-Washington staff in providing deliverables to SID-Washington Board of Directors committees
- Assist with various communications initiatives including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and website maintenance
- Academic and/or work experience in international development and/or event planning preferred
- Ability to solve problems creatively, pay meticulous attention to detail, and work well on a small team
- Possess initiative and the ability to work independently, while also being receptive to direction
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment and retain a positive outlook under pressure
- Strong commitment, including ability to take on limited overtime
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Very strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, experience with Adobe Acrobat, Canva, and HTML a plus
- Ability to work full time with consideration towards course scheduling (Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM or 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST). SID-W requires a minimum of 32 hours.
While we hope to reconvene in the office sometime in 2021, it is possible that the majority of this internship will be completed remotely given the recommendations set by the CDC and city/state guidelines.
The dates for the for internship are negotiable. Additionally, the SID-Washington staff is committed to helping dedicated individuals find jobs, develop skills that will be critical to future success in the professional sphere, and build their resumes.
Internship applicants must submit:
- A cover letter, including an indication of days/times available to work, and if you will be receiving academic credit
- A current resume
- 3 professional references
- A short writing sample
Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. Due to the number of applications we receive, only finalists will be contacted for interviews.