We are seeking college students for our 2021 Summer Internship Program. The 10-week internship program will take place at Sompo International offices located across the U.S. Our internship program offers students a first-hand look at global risk-management from a variety of different departments in the following locations:
- NYC (with some travel to Florham Park, NJ): Claims Account Manager
Internship program participants will have an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience, receive valuable on-the-job training and learn more about the Insurance Industry. Each intern will participate in structured learning and networking events with peers, members of our Executive team and outside brokerage firms.
Because the insurance industry offers complex, dynamic and exciting positions, we welcome interns who have various majors, backgrounds and experiences. For this internship position, we are most interested in college undergraduate students who are serious about entering Claim aspects of the Insurance Industry.
Additional requirements include:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or graduate degree program with a minimum GPA of 3.3
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with rapidly changing priorities and demands.
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Local to desired office location or able to secure housing and transportation in the area
- Desired personal qualities include; energetic, resourceful and hardworking; a commitment to complete the program; and a goal-oriented individual who is enthusiastic about and committed to the insurance industry
- Eligible candidates must be at least 18 years old and authorized to work in the United States without restriction