Our company, Sonata Learning is looking for versatile writers to script innovative training courses, explainer videos, and related content for our clients (you can find examples in the “services” and “case studies” sections of our website).
This is a term-of-project role with the possibility of growing into a regular part-time or even full-time position.
Responsibilities will include:
-Learning our company’s specific writing process and editorial style.
-Quickly studying our clients’ work, clarifying their goals for a given training course/video, then writing a well-structured script/article that makes sense to the target audience (it might be pharmaceutical sales training on Monday, diversity & inclusion on Tuesday, training for small-scale dairy farmers in developing countries on Wednesday, software training on Thursday).
-Working with the graphic design team to make sure their images and photo selections fit the client’s brand and content.
– Native or fluent English speaker with excellent writing skills and flawless grammar
– A quick study on almost any topic, no matter how complex
– Able to work customary North American business hours
– Generally tech-literate and comfortable collaborating with others online
– Reliable high-speed Internet
Please answer the following questions in your response:
- Do you have or can you get access to a Windows PC computer? Do you have Microsoft Office for Windows?
- What types of software applications have you documented? What was the most complex? What ones required you to write for a non-technical audience? Links to specific clients’ sites would be great.
- Do you have experience creating user training materials, knowledgebase articles, and/or developing in-app tours and tooltips? What knowledge bases and in-app help applications have you used?
- How would you go about learning an unfamiliar software application? (this is also your chance to demonstrate how you would document a process)
Candidates will need to pass a, 2-hour skills test. Everyone who takes the test will receive 5-star feedback, whether or not they pass.