Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use.
We are looking for a fall Marketing Intern to help us tell the story of Soofa and promote our brand through creative communications, blog posts, client strategy, and more.
Remote applicants (U.S.-based only) welcome. The ideal candidate is available 20 hours/week from September through December. This is a paid internship.
Candidates from historically underrepresented communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join the movement!
- Responsible for updating organic social media plan & calendar
- Post to relevant channels for any business updates (market launches, product launches, etc.)
- Build out and maintain Soofa Star social media series (and turn that series into an easily repeatable content-churning machine!)
- Create plug-and-play social media packet for cities & Chambers of Commerce
- Create newsletter plan and calendar for Ad Sales and City Growth
- Create and publish monthly newsletters
- Build out long-term plan for employee social media
- Create & share a plan to incentivize and encourage employee participation in brand-building on social media
- Current student pursuing a degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Ability to effectively translate general direction into compelling communications
- Experience writing blog posts and email copy
- Knowledge of social media best practices
- Creative and able to think and act quickly around developing and executing social media and email campaigns
- Great attention to detail
- Very organized with effective time management skills
- Can work independently with little direction (you are the type of person who works on many projects outside of your classwork)
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Creative problem solver with an eye for design
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a diverse team
Bonus Points For
- Experience with Hubspot or other marketing automation software
- An eye for design, and experience with programs like Canva or the Adobe creative suite
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Flexible PTO
- Best of both worlds: Our Cambridge, MA HQ is safe and compliant, but 100% remote is okay too!
- Virtual team events at least 2X/week
- The opportunity to forge your own path and grow in any direction that’s exciting for you
- You’ll work with a well-connected team of Harvard and MIT grads
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally