Data Acquisition, analysis, data modeling, and business intelligence support to the clinical performance team for Sound Critical Care:
Performs analysis and modeling to support the clinical performance of the region. This position is responsible for aggregating from hospital clients the data necessary to monitor key clinical performance indicators that drive performance. Daily work includes analyzing data and process to support program and Critical Care leadership’s planning, management and decision making. This position contributes to the success of the Critical Care service line by self initiating analysis of the programs performance, while balancing a multitude of complex work assignments. Will be knowledgeable of Critical Care projects and processes and will be able to identify opportunities and propose solutions. Strong organizational skills and follow-up of external and internal client requests is critical. The successful candidate is highly detail oriented and focused with a strong IT background. Is a key member of the Clinical Performance (CP) team; reporting to the Critical Care Vice President of Clinical Performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Metrics, Measurement and Analytics
- Include ability to calculate CMI and metrics per DRG
- Include HAI and Quality Data
- Conduct basic statistical analysis (e.g., descriptive, correlations, regression)
- Responsible for data acquisition of patient level data from hospitals in partnership with the Clinical Performance team.
- Develop file report templates for use with multiple EMRs (EPIC, Cerner, Meditech) to obtain patient level data from hospital partners.
- Build database, manage and analyze large data sets from SCC Programs.
- Maintain Program Dashboards, review with program CP and Program Medical Director (PMD) for use during Program Quarterly Performance Reviews
- Assist with the build of RIPD scoring tool build with Hospitals IT department and build SCC internal database to house data.
- Work with SCC programs who utilize MDN data to include this in our internal database.
- Communication/ education
- RFPs, Marketing Case Studies, Sound Board, Hospital JOCs & Annual Reports
- Clearly/ concisely represent CP results in formats meaningful to senior management, regional operators and the field. Use data to concisely and clearly “tell the story.” in partnership with CP team.
- SoundMetrix Business Intelligence platform
- Participate in the design, implementation and ongoing support of a self-service BI solution
- Partner with Sound BI to build automatic/recurring data feeds and develop processes and tools for ongoing maintenance and quality control of data feeds.
- Participate with CP VP in conjunction with Sound BI team to develop and advance the tools used to measure and report SCC performance
- Provide ad hoc query support
- Work with SoundConnect Reports as needed
- Participate/manage Special Projects as needed (i.e. COVID data) by the SCC CP Vice President and SCC Chief Medical Officer
- Participate in Sound BI IT meetings to evaluate processes & projects that could be used in SCC
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Excellent analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to assess technical challenges, program solutions, and solve complex problems
- Strong experience coding in data manipulation and analysis using SQL or SAS Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creative and persistent problem solver
- Client service oriented (both internal and external)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- Professional mannerisms and appearance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Driver’s license and appropriate insurance
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in operations, engineering, statistics, mathematics, computer science or a technical field
Preferred: MS, MBA, MHA. Basic understanding of healthcare/ epidemiology is a plus.
Minimum: 3 yrs. in an analytical and/or BI role within healthcare
Preferred: 5-7 yrs. in an analytical and/or BI role in healthcare
LIST SPECIAL JOB OR ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Indoor and/ or remote office environment
- Travel: Moderate (< 10 trips per year)
OTHER PHYSICAL AND/OR SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS ABOUT THIS POSITION:
- Sitting at desk for up to eight hours (w/breaks)
- Working on computer for up to eight hours (w/breaks)
- This job description reflects the present requirements of the position. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to amendment.