Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital is seeking a dynamic, team-oriented Research Program Manager who will work under the general direction of the PI to assist in all aspects of the Boston-Harvard Burn Injury Model System (BHBIMS). BHBIMS conducts a broad range of local and multicenter research activities focusing on understanding the long-term outcomes for persons with burn injury and is one of 4 burn model systems in the US funded by the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR). The position requires a high degree of interaction with research and medical staff, collaborating institutions, the burn survivor community, and other burn model system programs. Central projects include a multi-centered longitudinal database study, site-specific projects, knowledge dissemination, and education activities. www.bhbims.or.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Program Manager supports, facilitates, and coordinates the day-to-day operations of BHBIMS and plays a critical role in serving as a liaison between the PI, collaborating institutions, and sponsoring agencies. Specific duties include:
- Build and maintain ongoing working relationships with clinicians and staff from MGH, BWH, Boston University School of Public Health, and Shriners Hospital for Children.
- Serve as programmatic liaison to external partners and stakeholders, including other institutional collaborators and organizations representing the burn survivor community.
- Assist PI with existing and new grant proposals, including writing, budget development, administrative coordination, and submission.
- Collaborate with Program Managers from other burn model systems as well as the Model System Knowledge Translation Center on projects including dissemination of research and consumer information and planning for conferences.
- Participate in training and supervising Research Coordinators to ensure the success of all clinical study activities.
- Meet regularly with study staff to discuss study management, recruitment strategies, enrollment targets, and resolution of issues.
- Lead weekly team meetings and follow-up with appropriate stakeholders.
- Work closely with Research Coordinators and the National Data and Statistical Center to ensure the timely and accurate collection of research data, data integrity, and consistency with study protocols.
- Work with marketing partners to develop and produce multi-media dissemination products and study recruitment materials in keeping with the goals of the model system grant.
- Work with collaborators on public and burn survivor education materials.
- Periodic travel to national meetings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of regulatory requirements for human subjects research. Ensure completion of all IRB documentation, including new protocols, amendments, and continuing reviews.
- Works with pre- and post-award personnel to ensure proper grant and financial management.
- Process payments to contractors, vendors, and consultants, as well as expense reporting.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports to funding agencies.
- Ability to participate in all aspects of manuscript preparation and submission to scientific journals.
- Uphold the PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence.
- Preferred commitment of at least 3 years.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Graduate Degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a research capacity or other related experiences.
Skills (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
- Skilled in conducting and coordinating research studies and flexible to take on a variety of duties to ensure the success of all projects.
- Superior interpersonal and management skills, with facility to interact professionally at all levels and with a diverse population.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing situations.
- Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint, with ability to learn new software.