Network Operations (NetOps) is dedicated to the quality, reliability and integrity of the network systems that allow us to serve our customers. Here you will be working with bright minds that are the power behind the services that Charter provides. It’s a great time to join the Charter NetOps Internship 10 Weeks Program. Jump in and make your mark on high profile projects and plans. Take advantage of access to our online learning platforms and mentorship program to grow your skills exponentially.
The program is 10 weeks in length and will run from June through August 2021
As a member of the Security Operations team, the intern will be responsible for assisting the Vulnerability and Compliance team with various aspects of their roles. This position will include the development, communication and reporting of targeted vulnerability remediation metrics by organizational departments, monitoring and reporting on departmental responses and tracking of vulnerability closures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures compliance with security standards, policies and procedures in all duties. Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Assists with vulnerability identification, reporting and remediation tracking
- Develops targeted metrics for the tracking of vulnerability remediation efficiency such as vulnerability exposure window
- Applies the developed metrics to each department within Network Operations
- Monitoring of responses and remediation efforts
- Assists with validation of Standard Operating Procedures, to include verbal discussions, tabletop exercises, and real-world scenarios
- Responsible for assisting teams in interpreting and applying network security policies and standards to mitigate security risks
- Applies web application level security concepts to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Creates remediation strategies with asset owners to resolve and communicate business risks associated with vulnerabilities to leadership
- Reviews remediation work plans and designs; advises on improvements based on security requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and / or related field from an accredited University; Masters’ degree is preferred.
- Rising Junior (current Sophomore) or above Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA required
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be willing to learn new concepts in the areas of security vulnerability management, remediation and security systems engineering
- Practical knowledge of security vulnerabilities
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Must have very strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Knowledge of what is required to prevent security exploits, how to detect security attacks and anomalies and how to respond to security incidents and intrusions
- Knowledge of related industry specifications and standards NIST, CSRIC, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, DNS, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Knowledge of network security design, network security architecture, TCP/IP protocols and topology
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and synthesize recommendations
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with the ability to work across functional boundaries, build consensus and drive results.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Must be a problem solver, able to balance competing priorities, have a strong process orientation and be able to manage through complexity and rapid change.
- Office environment
- No travel required
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.