Legal Assistant / Paralegal
Spiegel & McDiarmid LLP seeks a full-time Legal Assistant with solid academic credentials and excellent skills in communications, proofreading, and research to join its legal assistant development program starting in the late Spring/early Summer, May 2021.
- Work closely with and provide general support to attorneys.
- Attend and report on regulatory commission meetings.
- Respond to research requests.
- Maintain case document databases.
- Assist in the preparation of briefs and pleadings, consisting largely of cite-checking/proofreading.
- Identify and assemble documents relevant to case issues.
- Monitor cases and agency filings for attorneys and clients.
- Prepare reports for clients on industry trends, updates and deadlines.
- Participate in team discussions of case strategies.
- Assist in discovery and trial preparation.
- BA/BS degree with excellent academic credentials.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Research experience is a must.
- Litigation experience in a law firm environment a plus.
- Willingness to take responsibility for assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- 0-3 years of experience. Two-year commitment preferred.
- Must be available to work Monday-Friday in a collegial, teamwork environment and be flexible for overtime when needed.
Spiegel offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package, including Metro-accessible offices in downtown DC.
To apply, only applicants need apply by submitting your cover letter, resume, transcripts and a writing sample to:
Spiegel & McDiarmid LLP
1875 Eye Street, NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20006
Attn: Human Resources Manager
EOE/M/F/V and an e-Verify participant