sPower is an established and rapidly growing renewable energy company headquartered in Salt Lake City, with additional offices in San Francisco, Long Beach, Richmond, and New York. The sPower operations team is seeking a NERC Compliance Analyst with 0-5 years’ experience. Sound judgment, ingenuity, excellent problem solving, organizational skills and a proactive attitude will position the successful candidate to earn a rewarding opportunity with this fast-growing company.
· Skilled at solving complex problems in multiple areas.
· Practiced at working across departments and organizations with varying skill sets among teams.
· Able to improve processes and get buy-in from a wide range of individuals.
· Demonstrated ability to initiate projects, be self-directed, originate new ideas, and present methods to achieve goals.
· Able to work independently and exercise considerable judgment and decision-making.
· Easily manages multiple priorities and deadlines.
· Able to direct outside consultants and monitor their progress.
· Experience with power system modeling (PowerWorld, PSSE, PSLF).
· Experience with protection systems and protection system standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare projects under development for compliance with NERC Operations & Planning (O&P) standards in collaboration with contractors and internal resources. Preparation includes contract drafting, tracking progress with engineers and external contractors, and coordination of information needed for compliance studies between multiple internal and external parties.
· Ensure operating projects are prepared for compliance with NERC O&P reliability standards for future years.
· Administers programs and processes to assure regulatory compliance with applicable standards.
· Assist in the development, analysis, and maintenance of policies, procedures, and other preventive measures developed to ensure compliance with requirements. Suggest and implement internal controls.
· Assist with reporting to regulatory organizations including ISOs/RTOs.
· Assess sPower’s risk regarding compliance with new or revised NERC standards/requirements.
· Ensure compliance-related documentation is maintained and updated to reflect current requirements and internal procedures.
· Perform audits on O&P reliability standard documentation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Demonstrated working knowledge of NERC reliability standards.
· Experience in auditing, NERC standard enforcement, inherent risk assessments/compliance oversight plans, and/or NERC registration.
· Written and verbal communication skills – position is highly interactive.
· Able to review complex analysis and can develop formal documentation, technical reports, and presentations.
· 0-5 years experience in the areas above.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred.
· Commensurate with experience; competitive.
About sPower: Headquartered in Salt Lake City, with offices in San Francisco, Long Beach, and Richmond, sPower is a leading independent power producer. sPower has 1.9 gigawatts of utility-scale and commercial distributed solar and wind generation projects in operation, a construction and development pipeline of over 15 gigawatts, and $3.3B in assets under ownership. sPower is owned by a joint venture partnership between The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), a worldwide energy company, and the Alberta Investment Management Corporation, one of Canada’s largest and most diversified institutional investment fund managers. For more information, visit www.sPower.com.
sPower is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, covered veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.