Hi Nutrition students!
Square Fare is an early-stage company that is reinventing how to help people make healthy choices. We analyze each individual customer’s needs and requirements and use this information to provide them with daily or weekly meal recommendations matched to their unique nutritional profile. No more sad desk lunches!
Our nutritional philosophy is a carefully crafted and delicious diet based on data analysis – a scientific approach that can be achieved across cuisines and diet requirements. The goal is for our customers to feel energized and their best self as they follow our meal recommendations day after day.
When customers ask us about our meals, we share the following attributes:
· Plant-based: our meals are not necessarily vegetarian but fruit and veggies do play a starring role in all meals.
· Rich in lean proteins: each meal is planned by a dietitian to ensure that it includes enough protein to keep you satiated and meet your body’s needs.
· Easy on the starch: appropriate portions of high-fiber whole grains and starchy vegetables.
· High in the good stuff: (think: vitamins, minerals, healthy fats) and low in the not-so-good (think: added sugars, salt and unhealthy fats).
· Different every day: good nutrition relies on eating diverse foods.
· How we’re different: we’re not a diet fad. We don’t cut out carbs or bulk on proteins or go completely vegetarian (though we do offer vegetarian options). Our meals are based on balance and proportion so you’re not missing out on any goodies.
We’re looking for Nutrition interns to help craft the daily and weekly menus for our customers and get involved with all aspects of the operations of the business. The Nutrition interns would report to our Head Registered Dietitian. This program is a great opportunity for fieldwork or an elective nutrition internship rotation.
· Review and manually adjust Square Fare customer nutrition profiles as needed.
· Based on in-house but also external restaurant meal nutritional databases, craft meals that are yummy and adjust as needed for each customer to meet their nutritional needs and requirements.
· Help build restaurant meal nutritional database by identifying relevant restaurants in assigned cities/neighborhoods and inputting nutritional information for restaurant dishes.
· Create and/or identify recipes that meet customer nutritional needs and requirements.
· Assist with customer service as needed.
· Help with anything else that might be needed!
· Have a passion for healthy eating and are excited about the goal of helping individuals lead better lives.
· Are a foodie at heart.
· Have experience advising clients on how to eat well and what this means.
· Are a self-starter who gets the job done.
· Pay attention to details and like going deep into those details.
· Are excited about the Square Fare approach.
· Have experience working with restaurants is a plus.
· Are a social media wiz a plus!
We are looking to re-haul how people take care of themselves. Come join us!
Interested? Email your resume and a short note about why you’d like to get involved.