The Associate Solutions Engineer will focus on providing industry-leading technology support for the Eze Investment Suite of products and services within the Client Services organization. Associate Solutions Engineers will triage, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve client-impacting Incidents and Problems, following best-practice processes. The role is part of an escalation team comprised of specialized experts focusing on different proprietary applications that serve as the last line of production support before Software Development. While primarily technology-facing, Associate Solutions Engineers must embrace the Eze high-touch client support model and place a strong emphasis on high-quality communications, excellent judgement, risk awareness, and problem-solving. In addition, they seek to collaborate with the Product and Development organization and proactively identify potential service issues or software deficiencies to drive improved quality of products and services delivered. Areas of product/service functionality and specialized coverage include, but are not limited to: Eze Execution Management Trading System (EMS™) and other critical business services delivered from global data centers. The role offers excellent opportunities for career growth and advancement.
Day to Day:
- Collaborate with all teams within Eze Software Group, including all Client Service Teams, R&D, and Sales.
- Respond to real-time events/alerts and escalated incident cases; triage, diagnose, remediate/resolve and communicate, in-line with internal service level agreements.
- Utilize and continually enhance best-practices for Incident Management and Problem Management processes. Use the Salesforce platform to administer these core processes and communicate with stakeholders.
- Perform issue replication in virtual and staging environments to identify potential defects. Drive defects towards resolution working closely with partners in Product and Software Development.
- Tactical planning and oversight for select business systems projects (focused on the EMS).
- Oversee Change Management processes; coordination, approval and authorization for product deployments, server deployments, hardware upgrades, configuration changes, etc.
- Produce documentation on triage requirements, product functionality, troubleshooting procedures, known Problems, and other topics.
- Establish strong relationships and clear lines of communication with all internal teams, including global teams.
- Provide after-hours, on-call production support as required
- Assist in creating Knowledge Articles that can be utilized by other internal teams for your specialized product domain.
- Work directly with Product Management to compliment the design of future products and advocate for product supportability improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, from an accredited educational institution, is required.
- 1+ years of professional experience supporting financial technologies such as trading systems/applications, and/or related products and services.
- Expert troubleshooting techniques and IT support skills.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to learn quickly, effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Knowledge of FIX, SQL, C#, Scripting, MSFT operating systems, networking, hardware support and debugging tools.
- Knowledge of financial industry/capital markets and/or financial technology.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and other enterprise CRM and process administration tools.
- Understanding of Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Familiarity with ITIL best-practices for Service Transition and Service Operations functions and processes.
Who We Are:
We are a trusted and proven partner to the investment community. We complement our award winning investment workflow technology with expert global customer service. We pride ourselves on fully understanding each client’s unique needs and advising them on best practices and processes to maximize their operational and investment alpha. Our team is made up of more than 1,000 global employees in 11 locations worldwide. We are headquartered in Boston, with offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, London, New York, Rio De Janeiro, San Francisco, Singapore, Stamford, and Sydney.
We are a highly dedicated team of innovators and experts who love to collaborate on the cutting edge. We service our clients’ unique and growing needs with highly configurable, expansive, and integrated products for the entire investment process and community and we are never satisfied until our customers are delighted. We celebrate this passion and commitment by fostering a culture that promotes innovation, growth, communication and achievement from the bottom up. We nurture the entrepreneurial spirit and welcome productive debate. We encourage open communications and upward feedback, we learn quickly from our mistakes, challenge the status quo – all while remaining accountable to our colleagues and clients. We also understand work is a big part of life, so having fun and celebrating hard work is core within our culture.
SS&C Eze is an equal opportunity employer.