Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
At Staples our Digital Solutions team is more than a traditional IT organization. We are a team of passionate, collaborative, Agile, inventive, customer-centric, results-oriented problem solvers. We are intellectually curious, love advancements in technology and seek to adapt technologies to drive Staples forward. We anticipate the needs of our customers and business partners, and deliver reliable, customer-centric technology services. If you want to be on the front lines, driving one of the greatest technology transformations of the 21st Century, you should join our team!
Staples’ Technical Operations & Cloud Engineering Team provides resilient and efficient infrastructure for the business’ applications as well as associated critical support of these platforms. We continuously maximize our value through optimizing our efficiencies, expanding abilities, improving agility, and skillsets of the team to best support evolving business requirements. Technology Operations and Cloud Engineering (TOCE) is responsible for the Architecture, Engineering, and Operations of Staples core IT infrastructure, network, telephony, and collaboration platforms. Additionally, the team supports Staples’ eCommerce platforms and nearly 200 locations including corporate, sales offices, and supply chain facilities across North America as well as 1102 US Retail stores from a network and telephony perspective.
What you’ll be doing:
Provides technical support for systems and users in multiple facilities in the Ontario California region. Evaluates needs, defines technical problems, and works with engineering, network and operations staff to determine solutions. Performs ongoing activities to maintain and enhance overall systems and network performance. Typically reports to a project leader and/or manager and is part of a remote team of technical analysts throughout the California and Western Region of the US. Daily support of all technical equipment in Ontario Fulfillment Center. This will include but not limited to:
- Local and remote associate’s PC’s, printers, and mobile devices
- Network gear installation and configuration of Cisco routers and Layer 2/3 switches
- Extreme RF networks
- Zebra, Kyocera printers, and multifunction devices
Includes daily support of remote and local end users for all problems entered into the ticket logging system (ServiceNow), including determining priority and adhering to Service Level Agreements.
Schedule repair, upgrading, and preventive maintenance of all personal computers, laptops and printers. Will work closely with 3rd party vendors for requesting quotes, writing purchase orders, and managing their work for projects. Relocation and networking of all personal computers, laptops, and printers. Assist in small to large project work for projects initiated by both Staples as well as 3rd party vendors. Maintenance of all relevant infrastructure documentation. Visio, Excel, and AutoCAD used in documentation. 24/7 On call coverage rotation.
- Schedule must be flexible during peak workload projects. Availability to work after hours and weekends to support major projects or stability issues as needed.
- Travel (day trips) within Ontario area – 20%
- Travel for scheduled projects within California area and possible other parts of the country – 10%
- Must be available for scheduled 24/7 on call rotation.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift and move computer equipment and printers.
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications
- Cisco stack and networking knowledge
- Good understanding of RF and security technologies
- 5+ years or greater of Personal Computer experience: PC software / hardware, Microsoft Office 365, Windows 10, & software deployment systems (SCCM)
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP LAN and WAN networks
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications
- Avaya/Cisco IP-tel / VOIP experience a plus
- Preferred experience in supporting Distribution and Supply Chain/Warehousing infrastructure environments
- BS or BA degree in computer science, business administration or related field preferred
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups and resources such as the Social Justice Resource Center
- Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays), Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more!