Stericycle Internal Audit Department is expanding our reach beyond SOX and is looking for an Internal Auditor that is excited to enhance their creativity, critical thinking skills, and risk assessment experience while participating in our operational audit plan. Scope coverage examples include facility audits and creating an audit approach for Stericycle’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting initiatives.
Additionally, with the staggered implementation of SAP S/4HANA across Stericycle’s business units and processes over the upcoming years we are looking for an individual experienced in risk assessment who enjoys working alongside management to conduct assurance and consulting activities within our organization.
- Participate in operational audits within areas such as facility audits, FCPA compliance, and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting.
- Participate in fieldwork activities associated with assurance and consulting activities; including evaluation of workflows, risks and controls within significant processes; supporting internal control over financial reporting (i.e. Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404), client reporting objectives (i.e. Service Organization Controls), and business unit financial controls standards.
- Conduct selective substantive financial statement audit procedures on behalf of external auditors.
- Create audit work products, such as analyses, work papers, memoranda, and correspondence to document and support procedures performed, findings, and results.
- Assist with write-up and reporting of identified issues and recommendations, including solicitation and evaluation of corrective actions and validation of related implementation.
- Interact with individuals throughout all levels and functions of the organization, including Executives and Business Unit leaders and serve as an advisor, counselor, and service partner to their departments. Coordinate and consult with external audit representatives.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as required or requested.