Junior Full Stack Software Engineer
As a high-energy health information technology consulting company, Strategic Solutions Group (SSG) focuses on providing value-driven solutions that positively impact the health and well-being of our nation. We combine expertise in project management, business analysis, and information technology to provide superior business consulting services and software products to our clients in the fields of public health, healthcare, and public safety.
Our key to success is a team of smart, dedicated people with integrity. It is an exciting time to join SSG and grow with us as we expand our impact and service to others within the healthcare industry. Our team members have the opportunity to make an immediate impact and we value people who can get the job done, individually and as a part of the SSG team. Those who demonstrate the needed abilities will have chances to advance into management positions. We love meeting smart people and look forward to hearing from you.
First and foremost you are a problem solver at heart, adept at leveraging technology to provide optimal solutions. It’s hard to say what the next project may bring, but you eagerly await the next challenge – that is what you love! One day you might code a complex migration tool, another maybe install, configure and optimize SQL Server Reporting Services, or perhaps instead capture and document system requirements and design. You are excited to participate at every phase of the software development cycle and are willing to take on more than just a programming role, as needed.
Some engineers prefer detailed direction in a controlled environment, but not you – you thrive on learning new things and love to dive in headfirst, no matter what the challenge. You might not be familiar with every tool or language that the project requires, but you take pride in your ability to learn quickly and become an expert.
We’re looking for someone who gets excited about applying technology to serve others and is interested in learning and making a difference in the world.
· Develop and enhance existing functionality in Java, SQL, and reporting tools
· Experience working with test automation tools like LoadRunner, Selenium, Jenkins
- Perform automated and manual testing (Unit testing, ADA testing, performance testing…)
- Smart, friendly, and gets things done.
- Driven, proactive and hardworking.
- Willing to contribute fresh ideas and create new processes.
· Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
· Proficient programmer, comfortable in multiple languages, frameworks, and environments.
· Knowledge and participation in the entire Software Development Life Cycle.
· Eager to learn new skills by diving in headfirst and emerge as a subject matter expert.
· Thrives in a fast pace environment.
· BS Computer Science degree
· The position requires carrying a pager in rotation with four developers and occasionally be available after hours
· Hinton State Laboratory Institute in Jamaica Plain (50%)
· 2+ years of experience.
· Strong SQL Knowledge including tuning queries with complex business logic.
· Java as your language of choice.
· Understanding of the algorithm, data structures, and their efficient use in the application code.
· Ability to write and maintain clean code with coding best practices (DRY), reusable design patterns.
· Coded or have knowledge in frameworks like Spring Boot/MVC, Hibernate/JPA, React, JUnit, etc.
- Familiarity with HL7, CDA and other health-related data standards and architecture a plus
Nice To Haves
· SQL Database
· Familiar with SCRUM and AGILE methodologies
· Competitive base salary, plus company and project-based performance bonuses.
· Extensive Benefits Package, including healthcare, dental, sick time, flexible spending plans, life and short-term disability insurance, 401k, etc.
· Flexible hours – we expect you to get things done, not clock in and out.
· Top caliber team of performance-driven people who are focused on providing exceptional service to the public health sector.
SSG is an equal opportunity employer.