Research Director (Remote)
We seek a highly motivated candidate to manage research for Strategy Risks. Candidates who have a degree in international relations, political science, public policy, business, finance, or a related field will be highly considered. The ideal candidate is an experienced researcher and commands a strong understanding of China and the private sector. Reading and speaking proficiency in Chinese is preferred, but not required.
- Directing and overseeing the work of a team of researchers
- Conducting research on and analysis of American and global companies operating in China
- Supporting and guiding the team by identifying and sharing appropriate research methods and tools
- Managing research-related communications and various databases created by the team
- (If desired) Speaking to media, and at events, about their analysis on the U.S.-China space
Desired Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
- 7-10 years of experience in a relevant field, with qualitative and quantitative research experience
- Strong English-language writing and communication skills, effective critical thinking, and strong attention to detail
- Strong understanding of China and the private sector
- Outstanding research and data analysis skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Experience with data and knowledge management
- Experience managing teams and collaborating with diverse groups of people
- Experience living in, working on, or studying China
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and relevant research technologies
The Research Director role is a full-time, paid position that involves the use of personal phone and laptop. The director will start immediately. This is a remote position with flexible scheduling. Salary and seniority of the position commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.