Legal Fellowship at Elite Litigation Boutique (Los Angeles)
Stris & Maher LLP is a boutique litigation firm headquartered in Los Angeles that handles high-stakes and high-profile commercial disputes. In addition to its dispute resolution and trial work, Stris & Maher is known for its unique Supreme Court and appellate practice, as well as a commitment to impactful pro bono representation.
We are looking for legal fellows to work for two years in our Los Angeles headquarters (remotely through the course of the COVID-19 pandemic). The fellowship is an extraordinary opportunity for a college graduate interested in pursuing a legal career. It also offers a unique opportunity for a graduate with a degree in engineering or other STEM fields to assist with cutting-edge intellectual property litigation.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Provide general administrative and logistical support
· Organize and review case-related documents
· Assist with legal filings
· Conduct legal research under attorney supervision
· Maintain case and attorney calendars
· Organize and maintain digital and paper case files
· Interact with clients, attorneys, and opposing parties
The following qualifications are required:
· Bachelor Degree Required
· Exceptional academic background (high grades from top-tier undergraduate institution)
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Successful candidates will also be highly motivated and detail-oriented.
Candidates with engineering degrees will receive separate consideration.
No paralegal certification or experience necessary.