Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker’s engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Who we want
Challengers. People who seek out the hard projects and work to find just the right solutions.
Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
Charismatic networkers. Relationship-savvy people who intentionally make connections with both internal partners and external contacts.
Strategic thinkers. Interns who propose innovative ideas and consistently exceed their performance objectives.
Customer-oriented achievers. Individuals with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
Game changers. Persistent interns who will stop at nothing to live out Stryker’s mission to make healthcare better.
What You Get Out of the Internship
Stryker, a global leader in medical technology takes great pride in their people, and that’s why we’re looking to expand our talent. As a result, we are looking for the best and brightest students to strengthen our team and drive our business going forward. Stryker Engineering interns will get to:
• Impact the development and manufacturing of cutting edge products
• Gain experience within a fast paced and growing industry
• Apply classroom knowledge in a fast-paced and growing industry setting
• Implement new ideas, be constantly challenged, and develop your skills
Robotics Engineering interns at Stryker, will:
Work together with cross functional divisions to develop robotic systems for orthopedic surgery procedures. Interns work on cutting edge technology with an emphasis on innovation, accuracy, and teamwork. Throughout the summer, these interns gain an understanding of the product development process for a complex robotic system and the various teams involved.
Some examples of intern involvement include: assisting in cadaver labs, developing and executing accuracy studies, designing hardware and software components, and creating time and cost-efficient ways to produce the robotic system.
Robotics interns include electrical, mechanical, software, platform, systems, test, operations, quality, and process engineers.
What You Need
• Currently working on completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field or equivalent; we will only consider students who plan to be enrolled in a degree-seeking program after the summer
• Cumulative 3.0 GPA or above; must be the case at the date of hire and also will be verified during background check in the spring
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and not require employment-based sponsorship now or in the future.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Ability to exercise independent judgment
• Proficient on basic computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Proven leadership and business acumen skills
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills