Study Breaks is a website written exclusively by college students, and we’re looking for student writers for the fall 2021 semester.
What You’ll Do:
Every week, interns will submit one article of 1,000 words and three article pitches for the next week to the editorial team. What you write about is entirely up to you, though creative, intelligent ideas are the expectation.
In addition, interns will belong to a writing group with several other students, all of whom will meet weekly via videoconference to workshop one member of the group’s piece.
What You’ll Receive:
Writers receive feedback from both their writing group and the editing team, and the critique will focus on the technicality of their craft in order to improve their skill as writers.
In addition, writers will accrue dozens of bylines, network with students across the country, familiarize themselves with the technology and methodology of the digital publishing industry, and most importantly, get to write about what they want.
• The fall 2021 program runs from Sept. 27, 2021, to Jan. 28, 2022, and applications close Sept. 20, 2021.
• Expect to work between 6-12 hours/week.
• To apply, simply send in two non-fiction sample pieces.
• The internship is remote, so you can work from anywhere.
• The only requirements are that you are a current college student, a talented writer and a creative, punctual human being. There is no experience necessary.
Check with your internship coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine if this fits within the requirements of an academic internship.