SuitUp is seeking Facilitators for our virtual “SuitUp at Home” week-long competitions. Through SuitUp at Home Zoom competitions, middle or high school students will solve a corporate challenge like creating a new product for Nike. They will be coached by corporate volunteers who will help them with the marketing, strategy, financing, and design before creating a “Shark Tank”-like pitch that will be filmed and played for judges for a cash prize.
Facilitators are responsible for the whole of the competition which includes a group of ~40 students and 20-40 corporate volunteers. For each competition there are two facilitators, an A and a B. Facilitators are responsible for the success of each session. Facilitators will welcome each session, ensure volunteers are prepared to coach teams, and throughout the competition ensure that each breakout room and the team is running smoothly. The SuitUp at Home virtual competition traditionally spans one week, Monday to Friday, with either a 10AM, 1PM, or 3PM start time in which Facilitators are responsible for leading four sessions.
· The Kick-Off Session (—1.5 hours)
· Office Hours/Feedback Session (—1.5 hour)
· Final Presentations (Friday—45 minutes)
Facilitators are responsible for collecting pictures, quotes, and summarizing each session via Google Form to the SuitUp programs team. Summaries describe what happened during the session, screenshots of teams working together, quotes from students and volunteers, attendance, action items, areas for concern, celebrations, screenshots of the working session, etc.
Applicants will be trained and certified through a 1-hour unpaid training session with SuitUp full-time staff and then be eligible to sign up for upcoming competitions. This certification is a great resume builder and provides the applicant with experience in corporate facilitation.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with corporate volunteers (ages 21 to 65) and middle/high school students (ages 12 to 18) in a client-facing role
· Excellent public speaking, communication and presentation skills
· Self-starter with the ability to take initiatives and run with projects independently
· Organized, energetic and positive with natural leadership qualities
· A passion for education and increasing career awareness for students in underserved communities
· Understanding of technology platforms such as Zoom, Google Hangouts, Google Forms, Gmail, etc. and comfortability using these platforms
· Previous work experience in youth development, education, leading teams, etc. This is an ideal role for a current college student majoring in Educator or a current teacher!
The facilitator position allows for an opportunity to:
· Network with SuitUp’s diverse client base, which includes thousands of volunteers from some of the largest companies in the world such as Deloitte, Moody’s, KPMG, Coach, NBCUniversal, and Goldman Sachs
· Join the talented SuitUp team in a fast-paced start-up environment
· Work remotely from the comfort of home and flexible in nature as moderators can sign up for multiple competitions or ones that fit their schedule
· Learn how to facilitate groups of up to 15 through a project from start to finish in a digital setting
Make a difference in the lives of students from underserved communities across the United States