Litigation Paralegals have the opportunity to work with the Firm’s lawyers, clients and outside vendors, depending on the needs of each particular matter. This position will specifically support our Intellectual Property and Trademark Practice Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Project management and organization of litigation cases
· Fact research
· Document collection
· Document production
· Management of Litigation Support projects
· Coordination of outside litigation vendors
· Assembling/filing/distributing briefs
· Deposition and trial preparation
· Preliminary Translations
· Indexing, pulling cases from Westlaw/Lexis-Nexis
· Drafting cover letters/memos
· Pulling cases from Westlaw/Lexis-Nexis
· Notarizing documents
In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the firm’s information security policies, protecting firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
· Knowledge of legal/paralegal environments
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Good organizational skills; detail-oriented
· Good interpersonal skills
· Able to work under pressure
· High degree of initiative and self-motivation
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Prior legal experience is beneficial but not required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is Sullivan & Cromwell LLP’s policy to handle your personal information responsibly and in accordance with the requirements of applicable data protection laws. To see Sullivan & Cromwell LLP’s Pre-Hire Recruitment Privacy Notice, please see: https://www.sullcrom.com/pre-hire-recruitment-privacy-notice. Additionally, California residents can find Sullivan & Cromwell LLP’s Notice of Collection of Personal Information as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act at: https://www.sullcrom.com/pre-hire-recruitment-privacy-notice#ccpa.