Note on Location: Currently remote.. Must reside within commuting distance to San Francisco Bay Area, New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, or Seattle (see “Location” section below).
While young people from low-income communities – who are disproportionately young people of color – face systemic inequities in school, in the workforce, and in life, they possess unique strengths, resilience and tremendous potential. When provided with support and resources, these young people fulfill their potential and achieve success in school, work and life.
Through a combination of mentoring and transformative experiences, Summer Search supports young people to successfully transition from adolescence into adulthood. We aim to unleash the potential of our young people while also building a toolkit for navigating and challenging systemic barriers to higher education and career opportunities.
Summer Search National is seeking a systems-minded and collaborative development professional passionate about youth development and people management to join the team as their first Manager of Development Operations and Analytics. This is an exciting opportunity to play a high-touch and influential role in the tech, systems, and processes that empower a data savvy approach to development for staff across the national team and five regional offices. You will be a key player on high-performing team committed to working together to raise $75M over the next three years to address systemic racism through providing resources and opportunities to our young people.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Data Integrity – Ensure data integrity is maintained across the organization through consistent systems and processes.
- Develop and execute data audit processes, and related audit reports, to ensure data quality within RE NXT.
- Partner with National Manager of Development Data Systems to improve processes & policies & functionality and implement enhancements as needed and communicate changes and training across the network.
- Establish highly collaborative relationships with all team members to support best in class data collection, management and reporting efforts.
- Partner with National Manager of Development Data Systems to review and execute regular imports & merges and perform record updates including maintenance of constituent and gift records within RE NXT.
Reporting and Analytics – Play a central role in enhancing our ability to make data-driven decisions at the national and local level.
- Develop and produce a suite of org-wide weekly/monthly/annual reports and dashboards to support fundraising strategies and performance management.
- Coordinate with network-wide staff to empower them to manage & understand data to support their work through training and onboarding curriculum and resources.
- Coordinate with teams to build, code & produce mailing and other donor lists for events and/or other large-scale stewardship activities.
Dev Ops Lead – Provide invaluable support for development staff throughout the network as Summer Search’s resident expert in development operations and systems.
- Provide top notch customer service while responding to requests from 20+ development staff around the organization.
- Act as the internal Development Operations expert on various fundraising tools such as NXT donation forms and event registration forms, MobileCause, GiveSmart, JustGiving and others.
- Ensure development staff policies, processes and training materials are up-to-date and accessible network-wide by organizing, implementing, maintaining, and communicating resources via our intranet and other avenues to reach our staff.
Gift Processing Team Lead – Support and inspire a team of two data-savvy development operations staff members.
- Set each member of your team up to do their best work, develop professionally, and navigate challenges through regular 1:1s, goal setting and performance reviews, and day-to-day support.
- In partnership with the Manager of Development Data Systems, ensure your team meets expectations for timely and accurate gift processing that adheres to IRS guidelines.
Other duties as assigned.
WORK HOURS AND LOCATION
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice, with potential for limited working days in the office if desired, to allow for the safest environment for our staff. Potential for this hire to continue to work remotely after office reopening.
This hire will be required to reside or relocate to within commuting distance of one of our Summer Search offices by their first day of work. Regional offices are located in Oakland, New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, or Seattle.
WHO YOU ARE
The Manager of Development Operations and Analytics will be a leader, collaborator, and adept communicator who works with a highly organized, analytical and data informed approach. Additionally, this hire will bring:
- EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of relevant work experience in development/ fundraising with at least one year as a people manager. High degree of comfort with technology, databases and change management including ability to streamline & improve processes. Experience at a multi-site non-profit a plus.
- PEOPLE MANAGEMENT: Experience in coaching and guiding team members to achieve short, mid and long-term outcomes. Ability to prioritize, delegate, and hold space for staff.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE MINDSET: Brings positivity and a consultative approach in supporting the needs of internal clients. Ability to understand stakeholders’ unique needs. Leverages technology, templates, and collaboration tools in working across departments and teams.
- DATA MANAGEMENT: Supports process of acquiring, validating and managing accurate information within a shared system. Leverages database to track donor data and organize information in Development function.
- TECHNOLOGY SKILLS: Mastery of Raiser’s Edge NXT or comparable fundraising database(s) and experience with data visualization tools like Tableau or Power BI required. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Demonstrated ability to develop compelling reports and communications to be used internally and externally.
- TEAMWORK AND COLLABORATION: Team player who inspires and fosters commitment, connection, enthusiasm, and trust. Facilitates cooperation and motivates staff to accomplish goals. Manages and resolves conflicts and handles interpersonal issues constructively.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Works in an organized manner to achieve goals and objectives. Balances competing priorities when managing projects.
In addition, all Summer Search staff bring a commitment to our mission of unleashing students’ potential through mentoring and transformative experiences, as well as the ability to thrive in an environment that values excellence, gratitude, well-being, diversity, authenticity, and collaboration.
We are committed to staff learning, growth and development. Our investment includes:
- Competitive and transparent salaries. This is an exempt position with a starting salary of $86,957.
- Medical insurance with up to 90% employer contribution
- Dental, vision, FSA, life and disability insurance plans
- 401 (K) and Employer Match up to $2,000 annually
- Generous time off including 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, and 18 holidays (2 floating holidays of your choice, a birthday day-off, 10 company-wide holidays, and a 1-week December closure).
- Individual, local, regional and national training
- A commitment to developing leaders from within the organization
- An organizational culture that supports staff well-being and holistic self-care/community care
Ample opportunities to connect with the students and communities we serve
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION
With a staff that cares deeply about social justice and racial justice, we believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds create a rich work environment and enhance our ability to pursue our mission. We are committed to building an organization with raised consciousness in order to impact how we work with students, as well as how we work together as a team. We hope you will join us as we continue to build a justice-centered organization that fosters a work environment where people from all backgrounds are welcomed and valued.
Click here to submit a resume and targeted cover letter, addressed to Amanda Sayre, that answers the question, “Why are you interested in the Manager of Development Operations and Analytics opportunity at Summer Search?”
SUMMER SEARCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.