Job Description: The Marketing and Communications Associate will coordinate marketing efforts for Horizon Academic, an online enrichment program offered by the company which focuses on helping high school students to create independent research projects by pairing them with professors and academics in leading global universities. As the program has grown 600% in the past year, the Associate will work directly with C-level leadership at the company. In addition to day-to-day responsibilities, the Associate will have the opportunity to develop and implement new marketing strategies and to create and pilot process improvements. The Associate will gain familiarity with core principles and the technical backend of social media and search engine marketing platforms.
Role: Part Time, 13 hours per week (flexible hours)
1. Curate and maintain the program’s social media accounts.
2. Draft monthly newsletters to teachers and counselors.
3. Oversee day to day performance of advertising spend on various search and social media platforms.
4. Respond to inbound email inquiries.
5. Compose monthly blog posts highlighting alumni experiences in the program.
6. Coordinate internal assignments for student admissions interviews.
7. Oversee periodic email reminders and communications with students who have applied for the program.
Compensation: $25 per hour
Location: Remote, but must be located inside in the US
1. College graduates are preferred, but university junior and seniors may also be considered.
2. Exceptional writing skills.
3. Ability to balance multiple priorities and preserve attention to detail.
4. Strong short-term memory.
5. Interest in expanding the candidate’s knowledge of social media, search engine, and newsletter marketing.
6. Ability to commit to 6 months of service at the company on a part time, remote basis. Day-to-day working hours are flexible.
7. General technological competency: the technological tools that the Associate uses are intuitive and do not require a technological background, but an ability to quickly adapt to new tech is helpful. For example, we make extensive use of Mailchimp, Calendly, Zapier, Zoom, Google sheets, and Sideline.
Program Overview: Horizon Academic is a trimester-long online research program for extraordinary high school students to refine their interest in an academic subject by developing a college-level research project under the individualized guidance of a foreign professor. Horizon Scholars choose their own field of inquiry and work with their professor to develop a unique research proposal. After a trimester of reading, writing, and exploring, Horizon Scholars finish their final projects, most often a 20-25 page paper, that represents their very best work. Since 2016, we have helped more nearly 400 students complete research projects, and we currently offer research mentorship in 14 subjects, taught by 58 instructors from the world’s leading universities. More information can be found at horizoninspires.com.